Cliff Kincaid — Where is Huma Abedin’s Security Clearance Form?
The head of the Soros-funded Center for American Progress (CAP) is defending controversial State Department official Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who is suspected of playing a role in Obama Administration “engagement” with the anti-American Muslim Brotherhood.
Neera Tanden, president and CEO of CAP and Counselor for CAP’s Action Fund, has sent out an email defending Abedin and asking that Rep. Michele Bachmann be thrown off the House Intelligence Committee for asking questions about the vetting process that Abedin was supposed to go through.
“Michele Bachmann has gone from outrageous to dangerous,” Tanden said in her email to CAP supporters.
Tanden is a former Obama Administration official whose previous claim to fame was working for the Obama White House to pass Obamacare. Her work at CAP apparently includes supporting the Obama Administration’s policy to “engage” with the Muslim Brotherhood. It is believed Abedin is right in the middle of that, by virtue of her position as State Department deputy chief of staff.
CAP is the organization that hired Van Jones before he took his job as White House “Green Jobs Czar” and then re-hired him after his communist background came to light and he lost his job in the administration.
Tanden said in her email to CAP supporters that the problem was not Abedin’s access to classified information but Bachmann’s. She urged House Speaker John Boehner to remove Bachmann from the Intelligence Committee. “Rep. Bachmann’s antics have proven that she can’t be trusted to act in our best interests,” said Tanden.
Boehner, as well as Senator John McCain, had criticized Bachmann for merely asking questions about Abedin’s fitness for her position. But they didn’t indicate familiarity with or knowledge of Abedin’s security clearance form, known as Standard Form 86, or the “Questionnaire for National Security Positions.”
Despite the claims of “witch hunt” and “McCarthyism” that are echoed in the liberal media, especially by Anderson Cooper of CNN, Bachmann and other members of Congress simply want to know whether Abedin’s Muslim Brotherhood connections were disclosed and/or examined when she gained access to national security information.
- Huma Abedin and the Muslim Brotherhood: Bachmann vs. McCain (frontpagemag.com)
- Bachmann under fire from more Republicans (cbsnews.com)
- Meet Huma Abedin’s Latest Defender: John Boehner (theatlanticwire.com)
- Hillary’s Huma Abedin’s Brotherhood Ties (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Huma Abedin Gets Police Security After Being Threatened (mediaite.com)
- Rep. Bachmann’s Concern Over Muslim Brotherhood Connections in Government Grows (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Michele Bachmann criticized by GOP leaders for wanting Huma Abedin investigation (examiner.com)
- Bachmann Is Right, McCain Is Wrong on the Muslim Brotherhood in the US Government (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Release Huma Abedin’s Security File! (counterjihadreport.com)
- Huma Abedin Under Police Protection After Threats (newser.com)