WH Asked If Obama Is Responsible For Dysfunction In Washington (Carney spins)
(snip) MR. CARNEY: It’s a fair question about what is the best way to bring about the kind of consensus that has been lacking. And what I think all of us here have learned, and certainly those of us in the White House
have learned, in the last year and a half is that getting things through this Congress that enjoy broad public support but which are opposed by a particularly powerful wing of the Republican Party, especially in the House, requires taking it to the people. It requires making the argument out in the country.
And I think you know, because you covered it, that we have tried it all ways — both ways, if you will — and that includes lots of negotiations and sitting across the table with leaders in Congress. And I’m not precluding that in the future, but what we need is a demonstration of a seriousness of purpose by Republicans in Congress and a willingness to accept the premise that there needs to be balance in this. There needs to be a willingness to ask the wealthiest Americans to pay a little bit more, so that the middle class doesn’t get stuck with the burden so that –
(snip) Q: Go back to the fundamental question: Do you guys own any of this?
MR. CARNEY: The President is President. He has pushed a lot of policies. He has implemented a number of policies, and very significant ones, that reversed the course economically that we were on in this country that was cataclysmic of economic decline that we hadn’t seen since the Great Depression …….
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com …
- WH Spokesman Doesn’t Know If Obama Will Have Any Public Comment on Thursday (cnsnews.com)
- Romney ‘between fear and greed’ (politico.com)
- OUCH: WH embarrassed during Fast and Furious press briefing. “And when Carney said that Obama’s … (pjmedia.com)
- W.H.: Obama too busy for Jobs Council (politico.com)
- ‘This Is About Principle,’ Carney Says – Prompting Laughter From WH Press Corps (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama will not extend tax cuts, W.H. says (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jay Carney Caught Flat-Footed (commentarymagazine.com)
- My journalistic run-in with ‘the clueless Carney’ (wnd.com)
- W.H. on Romney trip: Leaders abroad have ‘great impact’ (politico.com)
- Obama: Letting People Keep Their Own Money Is a “Giveaway” from the Government (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Before It’s News | News | The Corruption Of America Is Complete (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jay Carney sneers at reporter’s request for Obama’s college records (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Designated Leaker… (“Biden is perfect for the job of designated leaker. He works in an administration that….”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- NYT: Jay Carney Made an ‘Angry Phone Call’ to Fox Exec. Following Anti-Obama Video (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jay Carney sneers at reporter’s request for Obama’s college records – YouTube (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- New York Times v. Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Why Obama’s College Records Matter… (“That Obama might have been a citizen of Indonesia and later presented himself as a foreign student in the U.S. is no “birther” conspiracy theory.”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)