Prison Planet.com » Meet The New Terrorists: Conservative Americans
The war on terror shifts its focus
extremists and re-aligned to target politically active, conservative and libertarian Americans.
Meet The New Terrorists: Conservative Americans tea party protest
The latest salvo comes in the form of an ABC Studios drama which demonizes a Texas militia group as dangerous right-wing extremists, lifting its story from last year’s arrest of Hutaree militia members in Michigan who despite being charged with planning to kill police officers were later acquitted.
As we have documented, under the Obama administration, the characterization of Americans who
distrust big government and adhere to constitutionalist principles as domestic extremists or even terrorists has accelerated.
The most recent example was a study funded by the Department of Homeland Security which characterized Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.
Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.
While largely omitting Islamic terrorism – the report fails completely to mention the 1993 World Trade Center bombing – the study focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.
- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;
- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;
- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;
- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;
- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”
The report also lists people opposed to abortion and “groups that seek to smite the purported enemies of God and other evildoers” as terrorists
Former Congressman Bob Barr responded to the study by labeling it a “frightening” and “bizarre” example of how “government officials seem to have become increasingly distrustful of individual liberty.”
“The report may appear innocuous, but it is not. It offers a carefully scripted but insidious analysis of Americans who happen to hold certain philosophical or political views, many of which are common among conservatives and libertarians,” wrote Barr, quoting the Infowars story which highlighted how the study was all part of the “rush to denounce legitimate political beliefs as thought crimes.”
After our article on the study was picked up by the Drudge Report, the story took on a life of its own, prompting scorn from conservatives across the spectrum, including a Washington Times report by By Wesley Pruden entitled The new terrorists — they’re all of us.
As we have exhaustively documented on numerous occasions, federal authorities and particularly the Department of Homeland Security have been involved in producing a deluge of literature which portrays liberty lovers and small government advocates as terrorists.
The rush to denounce legitimate political beliefs, or even mundane behaviors, as thought crimes, by insinuating they are shared by terrorists, has accelerated in recent months.
Under the FBI’s Communities Against Terrorism program, the bulk purchase of food is labeled as a potential indication of terrorist activity, as is using cash to pay for a cup of coffee, and showing an interest in web privacy when using the Internet in a public place.
As we have documented on numerous occasions…………………
- Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists (federaljack.com)
- How would you destroy America? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Spy Drone Buzzes Journalist’s Secluded Home (“……a “war” being waged by the administration against its political adversaries..”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Is The US Run By A Military Junta? It might as well be”) Washington’s Militarized Mindset by Tom Engelhardt (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Chuck Baldwin Warns Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Is Rubio Eligible? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Black Pastors Oppose Gay ‘Marriage,’ Warn Obama: We ‘Will Not Stand With You’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- We are true Americans, and we will not submit (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: (is Democracy Really Mob Rule; Is “Genuine” Democracy Preferable to This “Republic”: ?) Democracy Vs. Republic: Another Valid View… ” Citizen.blogger.1984+ Gunny.g Blog.email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Most Important Press Conference Ever Held at Any Time in U.S. History: Part I (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (GyG Blog: Gy G Reader Response: Thank God Ron Paul is still crazy, nothing like those Republican Appointees ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- OBAMA MENTALLY ILL… ~ J. Grant Swank, Jr. ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- When will Obama crack in public? (via ~ GUNNY G: BLOGGER 1984 (+) BLOG & EMAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Canada should open its doors for Barack Obama refugees (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (EXCERPT) The Revolution Will Not Be American… | Strike-The-Root: A Journal Of Liberty (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Guns, Guts and Goons | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- LINE OF SUCCESSION IF OBAMA/SOETORO REMOVED FROM OFFICE ~ By: Devvy (via ~ The GUNNY “G” BLOG & E-MAIL ~) (via ~ The GUNNY “G” BLOG & E-MAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“…the delegates to the Constitutional Convention are the “We the People of the United States.”") WHO ARE THE “WE THE PEOPLE” IN THE CONSTITUTION PREAMBLE? ~ EDRIVERA.COM ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama preparing for citizen uprising? (“Could this be about not being able to warn others that something is going on in your neighborhood or that it’s headed their way?”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Media Beast To America: Bow Down To Military Police, Your New Lord And Savior (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: So, How In The World Did Obama Ever Come To Be POTUS? HINT: He Didn’t Do It All By Himself ! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- America ! Be Truly Afraid By Rand Clifford (via ~ The GUNNY “G” BLOG & E-MAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Conservatism Without Alexander, Abraham, and Irving by Clyde Wilson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How the Regime Suppresses Information (lewrockwell.com)
- Smear Artists for the Total State (lewrockwell.com)
- Terrorism Never Defined | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- False-Flag Terror Ops (lewrockwell.com)
- The Final Executive Order (lewrockwell.com)