Obama’s Dirty Campaigning Works?
RUSH: So they say now in the Huffing and Puffington Post that Mitt Romney‘s Bain Capital — way, way back when it was originally founded — was seeded with money from Latin-American death squads. (laughing) I’m sorry. (laughing) Let me ask you a question: What’s the difference in that and the Democrats being underwritten by Planned Parenthood and NARAL? If they’re not death squads, I don’t know what is. How many abortions every year, 1.73 million or something?
I mean, if they’re gonna sit out there… Is this the kind of stuff you’re talking about Snerdley, the way we fight back? Okay. So you say Romney’s Bain Capital was founded with money from death squads, even though it’s a dubious claim. What do you call Planned Parenthood if that’s not a death squad? And who could object? Well, plenty could object. Who could disagree?
RUSH: We’re gonna play this ad again, the Joe Soptic ad. This is the ad that has now been disavowed by facts, a random act of journalism at CNN. This is the “Mitt Romney Killed My Wife” ad.
SOPTIC: (dramatic music) When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant I lost my health care (dramatic chime), and my family lost their health care (dramatic chime), and, uh, uh, a short time after that my wife became ill. (dramatic chime) I don’t know how long she was sick. Uhhh, and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we — we couldn’t afford the insurance. And — and then one day she — she, uh, became ill (dramatic chime) and I took her up to the Jackson County hospital and — and — and admitted her for pneumonia. And that’s when they found the cancer. And by then we were stage 4. There was — there was nothing they could do for her. (dramatic chime) And she passed away in 22 days. (dramatic chime) I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he’s done to anyone. (dramatic chime) And I… Furthermore, I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned.
RUSH: And apparently this stuff works, we’re told. Victor Davis Hanson‘s piece in The Corner at National Review Online: “If I were Romney, I would not count on the idea of class warfare, the so-called politics of personal destruction, and McCarthyite tactics not working, because they always have for Obama/Axelrod in the past — and seem to be in the last week.”
He writes this:…..
- The “Romney Murdered My Wife” Ad is Just Normal Fare for the Politicized Left (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Obama rolls out hard-hitting ads as campaign looks to buck up battleground numbers (foxnews.com)
- Misleading Obama Attack Ad UsesFamiliar Face, Disputing Aid’s Claim (foxnews.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Encourages Violence By Calling Planned Parenthood a Death Squad (politicususa.com)
- Ad linking Romney to death of the wife of a laid off steelworker not accurate (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Meet the Real Workers Obama Screwed Over (conservativeread.com)
- Barack Obama is a Murderer (redstate.com)
- CNN: ‘Romney Killed My Wife’ Ad Not Accurate (sweetness-light.com)
- CNN: Cancer Ad ‘Not Accurate;’ Woman Diagnosed in ’06; Lost Her Own Job/Healthcare in ’03 (gestetnerupdates.com)