Mitt Romney: Pioneering New Frontier in US Eelectoral Prostitution | Veterans Today
a long held American taboo against seeking foreign money in US elections” and that “fundraising in foreign capitals could become the new frontier in US presidential campaign financing”.
US presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has just ended an international tour intended to prop his political credentials as a world leader.
In the first leg of his trip, he angered the otherwise temperate Britons by voicing an unwarranted opinion on London’s readiness for the Olympic games.
His second gaffe soon followed during the now common US presidential campaign pilgrimage to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.
“…Israel must have furnished the gullible Romney with the incorrect data to show that Palestinians were doing better under occupation, or else to hide the striking inequality between the two so-called economies.”
During his next international stop, at a closed 50,000-dollar-a-plate fundraiser for Israeli sworn citizens and American donors, he credited Israel’s “providence “and “culture” for the economic disparity between Israelis and Palestinians.
Romney walked out of the small private event with one million dollars for his presidential campaign.
First, the per capita income figures he used bizarrely as a measure of cultural superiority were dead wrong.
Figures from the 2011 CIA World Factbook show that Israel’s per capita income was more than 10 times that of the Palestinians (31,400 versus 2,900 dollars ), not two-fold, as Romney stated.
Second, Israel must have furnished the gullible Romney with the incorrect data to show that Palestinians were doing better under occupation, or else to hide the striking inequality between the two so-called economies.
Being in the one per cent bracket of high US income earners, Romney must have been “provident” at making money and legally evading paying his fair share in income taxes – in 2010 – he paid 13.9 per cent of his income.
But he also comes across as obtuse in his understanding of the work of economic systems.
Economy is defined by various references as a “self-managed social system consisting of labour, capital and land resources involved in production, trades, distributions and consumption of goods and services” in a defined region.
The loss of control of any of these economic levers compromises sovereignty over the economy.
Israeli occupation policies inhibiting the development and operation of the fledgling Palestinian market have been the subject of many protests, including the European Union, World Bank institutions and UN and human rights bodies.
Speaking at a UN seminar in February…..
- Conservative Group Launches “Dump Romney” Campaign (buzzfeed.com)
- Dump Romney; Nominate Paul (americanfreepress.net)
- Four for freedom… By: Chuck Baldwin (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Will Not Endorse Mitt Romney (runronpaul.com)
- Romney’s Worst Nightmare: Palin and Paul – by Robert Ringer (robertringer.com)
- A Brokered Convention in 2012? Looking Toward Tampa (theunconventionalconservative.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Real Americans Still Want to Elect Real Americans; Not Socialists… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (Col Sellin) Mitt Romney is Barack Obama’s White Half – English pravda.ru (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- JB Williams — Why is Romney Vetting an Ineligible VP Prospect?
- JB Williams – Can Ron Paul Really Steal GOP Nomination? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)