Devvy Kidd — Paul Ryan: Read the Warning Label
The Internet has been burning up about the “Comeback Team” after Willard Romney announced his VP choice as Paul Ryan.
Star of conservatives because of his “leadership” in heralding “smaller government” and Ryan’s much touted efforts to solve America’s financial crisis. Sounds good – until you read the label.
The problem with those who think Paul Ryan has solutions is they don’t even know the how the problem got started and neither do reporters or journalists who write this type of flashy trash:
“Ronald Reagan famously challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to “Tear down this wall!” Mitt Romney has just challenged President Obama to “Show us your plan!” Mr. Obama has painted this presidential election as a stark choice; in choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate, GOP contender Mitt Romney has answered in kind. While Reagan pushed Gorbachev to free his country, Romney will now push Mr. Obama to address our nation’s fiscal abscess — something the president has resolutely refused to do.
“Paul Ryan is the nation’s premier budget wonk; he understands better than anyone that the looming fiscal cliff is nothing compared to the chasm that lies further down the road. He has studied the future, and he has a plan. Nothing could be more important. Without a clear program for reducing our deficits, our social safety net will unravel and our investments in our future – in schools, i
n infrastructure, in defense — will wither.”
As Dr. Edwin Vieira wrote in one of his scholarly columns in 2005:
“Contrary to a widespread belief, socialism in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe did not collapse because of the clever geostrategic maneuvers of the Reagan Administration. Neither did the East Bloc break up because its leaders were incompetents who put into practice the wrong plans. Particular politicians and policies–East or West–had next to nothing to do with it….
“Economic theory also teaches that any scheme of fiat currency and fractional-reserve central banking is just as inherently flawed, incapable of permanent existence, and inevitably doomed to disaster as all-around, full-blown socialism, because fractional-reserve central banking systematically subverts the free market’s structure of prices through expansion of currency and credit–which results in redistribution of wealth, misallocation of scarce capital, and collapse in either depression or hyperinflation followed by depression. This is no new insight. The problems fractional-reserve bankingcauses were widely discussed in the 1800s; and the whole subject of political versus free-market money was exhaustively examined
by Ludwig von Mises, in his treatise The Theory of Money and Credit, first published in the 1920s. (Probably the best book on this subject now available for the average reader is Murray Rothbard‘s The Mystery of Banking.) But, throughout the Western world during the 1900s and even unto the present moment, the political elite, high finance and big business, and their hired intelligentsiia have generally ignored
these problems–doubtlessly because irredeemable currency and fractional-reserve central banking have served their short-term interests, and the costs of the system have always been paid by picking the pockets of the common man.”
- OBAMA MENTALLY ILL… ~ J. Grant Swank, Jr. ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Articles: The Real Danger of the Obama Campaign Strategy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Real Americans Still Want to Elect Real Americans; Not Socialists… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- JB Williams – Can Ron Paul Really Steal GOP Nomination? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Stop. Thief! Jaret Glenn on how, step-by-step, the GOP stole the nomination from Ron Paul… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- When will Obama crack in public? (via ~ GUNNY G: BLOGGER 1984 (+) BLOG & EMAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Disarming America… (“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- JB Williams – Can Obama be Defeated in 2012? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama preparing for citizen uprising? (“Could this be about not being able to warn others that something is going on in your neighborhood or that it’s headed their way?”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- OBAMA AND THE NEW AGE By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)