Obama Attacks Navy Seals…
Obama Attacks Navy Seals
The Patriot Update ^ | August 17, 2012 | Patriot
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:32:46 PM by CaptainKrunch
Politically speaking, Navy SEALs aren’t the safest targets to rail against in a presidential race, but the Obama campaign isn’t hesitating to take down a group of former SEALs who’ve criticized the president’s national security decisions.
On Thursday morning, campaign officials waged a full court press against the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund, a group of former U.S. Special Forces and intelligence officials accusing President Obama of leaking vital national security secrets and taking too much credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden.
When the group launched its anti-Obama media campaign Wednesday, consisting of TV ads and a 22-minute film, it wasn’t clear if Obama officials would avoid a potentially messy confrontation or refute the military veterans publicly. But now the campaign has made clear it views the attacks in the same light as the 2004 John Kerry“Swift Boat” attack ads, which, however misleading, were painfully effective.
“The Republicans are resorting to ‘Swift Boat’ tactics because when it comes to foreign policy and national security, Mitt Romney has offered nothing but reckless rhetoric,” Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt told Reuters’ Mark Hosenball last night. Taking a direct shot at the leaders of OPSEC, an Obama campaign official lambasted the group’s accusations about national security leaks this morning. “No one in this group is in a position to speak with any authority on these issues and on what impact these leaks might have,” said the official, speaking on background, “and it’s clear they’ve resorted to making things up for purely political reasons.”
- Navy SEAL Forced to Retire for Criticizing Obama’s Policies (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ex-Navy SEALs’ video attacks Obama for security leaks (cbc.ca)
- Barack takes on Navy Seals (therightofway.net)
- Obama 2016? (What if 2012 Isn’t Obama’s Last Campaign?) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Second Term Transformation Plans (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Dishonorable Disclosures… (“Intelligence and Special Operations forces are furious and frustrated at how President Obama and those in positions of authority have exploited their service for political advantage.”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- November’s Choices by Andrew P. Napolitano… (“We are in terrible straits this presidential election. We have a choice between a president who has posed more of a Andrew Napolitano & Tom Woods Andrew Napolitano & Tom Woods (Photo credit: Gage Skidmore (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- When will Obama crack in public? (via ~ GUNNY G: BLOGGER 1984 (+) BLOG & EMAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Real Americans Still Want to Elect Real Americans; Not Socialists… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Will Obama attempt to declare martial law before November election? ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)