Biden’s Tourrette Problem
Joseph Biden’s career is chock-full of
career-threatening gaffes–had they been committed by a conservative. But last week was exceptional, even for Joe.
Telling a largely black audience that Republicans want to “put y’all back in chains” was a burst of verbal flatulence the media just couldn’t deodorize. Hence, the week’s other stinkers also got noticed: He forgot what state he was talking to, what century we’re in, and that Paul Ryan isn’t a governor, but a member of Congress. Small things, maybe, but not as small as the “e” that’s not at the end of potato.
But there’s something more important than the crazy uncle’s belated unmasking. There’s glimmering awareness of the professional courtesy that’s sheltered his career. Does the public know the man’s a walking grenade, threatening small explosions at any moment? Not till the closing months of his second campaign for Vice President they didn’t.
It’s time for a reckoning, or at least some soul searching.
Does the media ever look in the mirror? Like wonder why they labored to excommunicate Dan Qualye from respectable society for a few things like a zinger of a debate insult by Lloyd Bentsen and misspelling potato? Or the decency of their nuclear assault on Sarah Palin, grasping for anything–anything—damaging they could scream about?
Meanwhile, this dufus has…………..
- Port & Starboard: Biden vs Ryan (breitbart.com)
- Giuliani tells CBS’s ‘Face the Nation’ Biden is ‘a joke on late-night television’ (redalertpolitics.com)
- The embarrassment a heartbeat away (steveprestegard.com)
- Stuff Joseph Biden Says (jthmishmash.com)
- Are Biden’s gaffes secretly brilliant? (salon.com)
- The Ryan Express (personalliberty.com)
- Paul Ryan and the right’s long game (salon.com)
- Back To Biden (spagreport.typepad.com)
- Palin calls on Obama to dump Biden in favor of Hillary Clinton (in their heads rent free) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Paul Ryan: Good for GOP, bad for comedy (cnn.com)