Oath Keepers to Place Billboard Near Army Base to Protest Article Demonizing Tea Party
respond directly to the Small Wars Journal article by Leavenworth instructor Colonel Kevin Benson which paints the Tea Party movement as a future military opponent during domestic CONUS operations by the U.S. military. You can read more on that article here and here. Here is the billboard we are putting up:
Since Colonel Benson has chosen to demonize the Tea Party movement, by using the Tea Party as the “bad guys”- along with militias – in his hypothetical scenario of future domestic military operations, and since he is apparently using his position at Ft. Leavenworth to brainwash young officers into thinking that the Tea Party is a potential future enemy they will have to fire upon, we feel it is crucial to counter his propaganda in as direct a manner as possible, sending a clear message not just to him, but to his students there at Ft. Leavenworth and to all others stationed there, and to the broader Army.
Those young officers need to understand that if they fire on fellow Americans, permitting themselves to be used as tools of oppression, and if they participate in martial law on U.S. soil, then they will become the new “red coats”and will be desecrating and destroying all that generations of American fighting men have bled and died to secure – our liberty.
We stand in defense of the rights of all Americans, but since Colonel Benson has chosen to name the Tea Party members in particular as possible future military enemies during domestic operations, we are coming to the defense of the Tea Party in this case.
Oath Keepers is also launching a national campaign to put similar billboards outside of military bases across the United States. We were planning on starting with Camp Lajeune, North Carolina or Ft. Stewart Georgia, but Colonel Benson’s outrageous and dangerous article in the Small Wars Journal compelled us to make Ft. Leavenworth the first base for our billboard campaign.
The billboard will cost an estimated $1,650.00v for the set-up and two months rent. Oath Keepers Lifetime Member Richard Allison has already stepped up and donated $500.00 for this billboard. He met Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes during his trip to Minnesota, and when Stewart showed Richard the mock up for the billboard, Richard pulled out his wallet and slapped down five one-hundred dollar bills to get this project rolling. Thanks Richard! You set an excellent example for others to follow. So now, we only need $1,150.00 to put this billboard up. Once we reach that amount, we will continue to raise funds for other billboards outside of military bases across the United States. All donations for the billboards will be used exclusively for that purpose……
- Oath Keepers to Place Billboard Near Army Base to Protest Article Demonizing Tea Party (musicians4freedom.com)
- Oath Keepers to Place Billboard Near Army Base to Protest Article Demonizing Tea Party (dprogram.net)
- Oath Keepers to Place Billboard Outside Ft. Leavenworth Protesting Article Demonizing Tea Party as Future “Enemy” of U.S. Military (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016 – Washington Times (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Army colonel ignites firestorm with article on crushing a ‘tea party insurgency’ – National Conservative | Examiner.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Oath Keepers to Rally in Support of Marine Veteran Brandon Raub (canadafreepress.com)
- Oath Keepers Support Marine Vet Brandon Raub, Victim of Soviet Style Pre-crime Detention (dailypaul.com)
- Washington Plans for War on America (moonbattery.com)
- Oath Keepers to Rally in Support of Brandon Raub (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Oath Keeper Sheriff Richard Mack (libertycrier.com)