Republican convention postponed until Tuesday
From the RNC:
Republican National Convention President and CEO Bill Harris made the following statement: “Our chief priority is the safety of the residents of Florida, of those visiting the Convention, and all those in Gulf Coast states who may be impacted by Tropical Storm Isaac.
We have been working closely with the campaign, the party, and state and local officials for months to ensure a successful, enjoyable convention. Federal, state and local officials assure us that they are prepared to respond, if needed, and the scheduling changes we are announcing today will help ensure the continued safety of all participants – our foremost concern. We are also committed to keeping the delegates and guests of the convention well informed about the situation, and we will continue providing updates in the hours and days ahead.”
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus made the following statement: “Due to the severe weather reports for the Tampa Bay area, the Republican National Convention will convene on Monday August 27th and immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon, August 28th. After consulting with Governor Scott, NOAA and local emergency management officials, we are optimistic that we will begin an exciting, robust convention that will nominate the Romney-Ryan ticket.
- As Tropical Storm Isaac Aims at Tampa, Mayor Says He’ll Cancel Republican Convention if Need Be (towleroad.com)
- CAMP FREDDY To Play Republican National Convention (bravewords.com)
- Republican National Convention: Then and Now (pbs.org)
- Republican mayor’s pro-same-sex marriage ad to air during Republican Convention (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Our First Google+ Hangout: Gaming Out The Republican National Convention! (timesunion.com)
- Report: Vice President Joe Biden will be in Tampa during Republican National Convention – @washingtonpost (washingtonpost.com)
- USA: ANGA Provides CNG Buses for Republican National Convention (appliedagrotech.net)
- Priebus: GOP platform ‘not the platform of Mitt Romney’ (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus Announces Six Republican Convention Headliners (longhairedpoet.com)
- Anarchists may try to disrupt Republican and Democratic conventions, FBI and DHS warn (nydailynews.com)