As Qualified Men Dwindle, Military Looks For A Few Good Women
kdlg.org ^ | March 25, 2013 | Tom Bowman
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:02:43 AM by Tailgunner Joe
LOCKED and COCKED !!!!!
But the move has practical considerations, too. The military needs qualified people to fill its ranks, and it’s increasingly harder to find them among men.
Biden cites the ‘black-helicopter crowd’
Politico ^ | 3/20/13 | DONOVAN SLACK
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:44:34 PM by Nachum
“The idea that you register your guns – it may make logical sense to say this, but there isn’t a constitutional right to own an automobile. There is a Second Amendment Constitutional right to own a weapon: the right to have and bear arms,” he said in an interview with NPR’s “All Things Considered.”
Two smothered stories: Vets running away from Obama; even NPR fans not happy with illegal aliens « « Coach is RightCoach is Right
By Kevin “Coach” Collins
The battleground states that the media’s fake polls are assigning to Barack Obama are populated by a large number of military veterans. Florida alone has 1.6 million and Ohio Virginia and North Carolina have nearly 1 million each.
These numbers are extremely important because at least one Left wing media outlet Reuters, is reporting that Mitt Romney has an insurmountable 20 point lead over Barack Obama among veterans. While insisting that their Democrat skewed survey “results” are showing a growing overall lead for Obama, Reuters has been forced to acknowledge that veterans are less supportive of Obama now than they were four years ago.
This lead whether it is being accurately reported or shorted holds across all veteran age groups. This will be a major factor in the election because 49% of veterans are 65+ a group that intends to vote at 86%.Obama’s problem with veterans is that they are aware of his policies and hostility toward the military…….
Posted on 06/18/2012 1:56:01 PM PDT by navysealdad
A jury found baseball star Roger Clemens not guilty on six charges that he lied to Congress in 2008 about his use of performance enhancing drugs. Clemens was charged with lying to Congress about his use of performance enhancing drugs.
The left’s greatest fear is the emergence of a new power relationship between populist politicians and a people looking for more freedom and less control. It is the thing that terrifies them and keeps them up nights. They know that such a power relationship has the potential to sweep away everything that they have done; all the intermediaries they have built up between the people and the government; all the insulation that keeps the people away from the centers of power and keeps the centers of power away from the people.
People are not interested in abstract debates, they are interested in concrete benefits. The left has made it its mission to give them concrete benefits, while hiding the true cost of those benefits, and the restrictions that come with them. Only when people have grown used to the benefits, do they begin to experience the true cost and the power of the cage that has been built around them with their consent.
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) adopted a combative tone in a recent interview with NPR where he said that he is “doggone offended” by libertarians. He told NPR “I despise these people” and implied that he is happy to intimidate those that “dump on” him with threats of violence.
(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com …
- Orrin Hatch Says He Will Punch Libertarians in the Mouth (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Sen. Orrin Hatch Threatens To Punch ‘Radical Libertarians’ In The Mouth (mediaite.com)
- Orrin Hatch On How To Win Friends And Influence People (thecampofthesaints.org)
- Orrin Hatch praises Ron Paul and son Rand (abcnews.go.com)
- @ Right back atcha, buddy: Senator Orrin Hatch is “doggone offended” by libertarians, says “I despise these people” (reason.com)
- Disappointment: Sarah Palin endorses entrenched incumbent GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch (twitchy.com)
- Orrin Hatch Pushed into Primary (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Sen. Orrin Hatch To Greta Van Susteren: ‘I Don’t Have Any Respect For’ Freedomworks (mediaite.com)
- Bailout Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch Will Face Primary (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sen. Orrin Hatch On FreedomWorks And “Radical Libertarians”: “I Despise These People” (alan.com)
- ALAN STANG: REPUBLICAN PARTY, RED FROM THE START by Alan Stang ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Previous Inquiry Re POTUS Richard Nixon At Camp Pendleton… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead-End Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: The First Gung Ho Marine ~ GUNG HO! ~ According To Evans F. Carlson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Calls for Universal Right to Bear Arms at NRA Forum-UN Treaty, Is Fox News Reporting This? ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ALAN STANG: REPUBLICAN PARTY, RED FROM THE START by Alan Stang ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- When America Went Crazy by Eric Peters (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Chicago–Communist Paradise of the Midwest… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Patriot Webmaster’s Creed (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Communism Comes To America Earlier Than We Think | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Would the US Military Stand Down and ‘Empower a Revolution’? (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- The Obama Administration Looks To Be Close To A Breakdown……….. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A WORLD GONE MAD By Paul Proctor (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Betty Freauf — Ron Paul Was There All the Time (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Obama should likely be behind bars with the results of multiple felonies he is alleged to have committed.Unfortunately…”) What are the odds Obama is Ineligible to run again for president? | Western Journalism.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s dangerous mistake: attacking religious freedoms (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (johnmalcolm.me)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obama’s Five Trillion Dollar Lie (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Citizen Blogger, Gunny G: Request Assistance of Real Americans To Become Citizen Bloggers USA! It’s lonesome out here!. (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- If I Were the Devil: Paul Harvey (Warning for a Nation) (audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ROME IS BURNING, NERO IS FIDDLING By Lynn Stuter (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Explaining “Nbc” and Current Freedom Threats (freedomisamerica.wordpress.com)
- The Plan… from Common Man (standupforamerica.wordpress.com)
- Marco Rubio is NOT eligible to run for POTUS or VPOTUS!!! (usamericanfreedom.com)
- A Democrat lawyer calls Obama’s Executive Order “martial law lite” (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Is Obama’s campaign film pure propaganda? (politico.com)
- The War On Women Part III: “Blunt” Force Drama/Trauma (theobamacrat.com)
- Texas INMATE gets 40 per cent of votes against President Obama in West Virginia primary (theobamahustle.wordpress.com)
- Student loan interest: Obama ‘slow jams’ the rate, loan holders can deduct it (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- Youth vote still favors Obama, but enthusiasm is waning (newsobserver.com)
- Obama’s First Ford ‘Rattled and Shook’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Dispatches From Birtherstan – 8-11 May 2012 (badfiction.typepad.com)
- Romney: Obama’s SC Warning a ‘Curious Turn of Events’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Hilarious One-Paragraph History of Politicos News-Invention Morning-Win Technique (delong.typepad.com)
- Geoengineering balloon trial cancelled (physicsworld.com)
- Dispute over whether Biden floated trial balloon on same-sex marriage policy (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Trial Balloon? The Head Of The Super PAC Considering The Obama-Jeremiah Wright Ad Rejects Leaked Proposal (businessinsider.com)
- How to Balloon Map Your Neighborhood, Google Maps Style [Video] (lifehacker.com)
- NYT: US spy balloons hover over Afghans (msnbc.msn.com)
- Self-Expanding and Balloon-Expandable Stent Systems Perform Well in Study of Real-World Peripheral Artery Disease Patients – MarketWatch (socallegs.wordpress.com)
- Spy balloons, part of Afghanistan’s landscape, stir unease (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- NEJM Publishes Trial Results Demonstrating Bard FLAIR Endovascular Stent Graft Is Superior To Balloon Angioplasty For Failing Dialysis Grafts (prweb.com)
- First test of floating volcano geoengineering project cancelled (wired.co.uk)
- Is two better than one? (xminus1.wordpress.com)
- Spy in the sky (thehindu.com)
- Insightra Medical Today Announced The Expansion of Its Range of Cardiology Products (prweb.com)
- William Balfour Found Guilty In The Hudson Family Murder Trial (dlisted.com)
- Geoengineering experiment cancelled amid patent row (junkscience.com)
- Japanese operator to test quake-proof floating phone-mast BLIMPS (go.theregister.com)
- Geoengineering experiment cancelled due to perceived conflict of interest (climate-connections.org)
- Nitrome Site Updates (nitromeuniverse.wordpress.com)
- Man Sues After His Infected Penis Had To Be Amputated (dreamindemon.com)
- Climate fix test grounded again (bbc.co.uk)
- Jennifer Hudson Testifies In Family Murder Trial (now1031.cbslocal.com)
- William Balfour Found Guilty In Jennifer Hudson Family Murder Trial – Daily Gossip (dailygossip.org)
- Jennifer Hudson — Jury Divided in Family Murder Trial (tmz.com)
- William Balfour Guilty In Jennifer Hudson Family Murder Case (snspost.com)
- International EECP Therapy Week Underway (prweb.com)
U.S. Ambassador Michael McFaul, Obama’s man in Moscow, who just took up his post, has received a rude reception. And understandably so.In 1992, McFaul was the representative in Russia of the National Democratic Institute, a U.S. government-funded agency whose mission is to promote democracy abroad.
The NDI has been tied to color-coded or Orange revolutions such as those that dethroned regimes in Serbia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia and Lebanon.
The project miscarried in Belarus.The NDI is one of several agencies, dating to the 1980s, that were set up to subvert communist regimes. With the end of the Cold War, however, these agencies were not decommissioned, but recommissioned to serve as something of an American Comintern.
Where the old Comintern of Lenin sought to instigate communist revolutions across the West and its empires, post-Cold War America decided to promote democratic revolutions to remake the world in the image of late 20th century America.In 2002, McFaul wrote a book: Russia’s Unfinished Revolution.Vladimir Putin‘s men are not unreasonably asking if he was sent to Moscow to finish that revolution. Putin has already accused Hillary Clinton of flashing the signal for street demonstrations to begin – to protest Russia’s December’s elections.
From September 27, 2010, to April 11, 2011, the approximately 1,000 Marines of the 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment, based at Camp Pendleton, and known as the “Darkhorse” Battalion, suffered the loss of 25 men in the Sangin district of Helmand province in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. An estimated 470 enemy fighters were killed. A favorable ratio to be sure, but still 495 deaths too many.
Beginning this past October 30 and ending on November 5, NPR Pentagon correspondent Tom Bowman did a seven-part series for All Things Considered on the Darkhorse Battalion called “‘Darkhorse’ Battalion and the Afghan War.” Here is how the series was introduced:
A year ago, nearly 1,000 U.S. Marine officers and enlisted men of the 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment deployed to restive Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. By the time their tour ended in April 2011, the Marines of the 3/5 – known as “Darkhorse” – suffered the highest casualty rate of any Marine unit during the past 10 years of war. This week, NPR tells the story of this unit’s seven long months at war – both in Afghanistan and back home.
SHTFPlan ^ | 12/29/2011 | Mac Slavo
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:43:54 PM by JohnKinAK
It didn’t take long for the See Something, Say Something campaign initiated by the Department of Homeland Security last year to show promising results. According to a report from St. Paul Minnesota’s KARE11 and NPR, actionable human intelligence is on the rise at the nation’s largest mall, and it’s being cross-referenced with personal information and threat assessments via the recently made public nationwide network of government Fusion centers.
While a mystery to most Americans, the existence of Fusion centers recently made waves when they were brought to the mainstream public’s attention by talk show host Alex Jones and former governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura. As we highlighted in everything you do is monitored, fusion centers are the digital backbone of the modern day domestic spying network and make it possible to track, itemize, aggregate and analyze the personal activities of every American.
Now, those fusion centers have new intelligence assets to draw on for information – your friends, neighbors and fellow citizens – and many of them are delighted to help.
Brad Kleinerman entered the spooky world of homeland security.
As he shopped for a children’s watch inside the sprawling Mall of America, two security guards approached and began questioning him. Although he was not accused of wrongdoing, the guards filed a confidential report about Kleinerman that was forwarded to local police.
Krauthammer Slams Nina Totenberg: ‘I’m in the Middle of a Sentence’
Breitbart.com ^ | 11-27-11
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 3:08:51 PM by STARWISE
“I’m in the middle of a sentence, and I am going to get to the end, and I will let you know with punctuation, alright?”
RUSH: Folks, I have to tell you something. We got another Republican debate tonight. It’s sponsored by the Heritage Foundation. It’s gonna be moderated by Wolf Blitzer, CNN. It’s gonna be broadcast by CNN. It’s a Heritage Foundation debate on foreign policy. And from what I’m told, old Wolf is out there preparing a response to Newt Gingrich if Newt chides him for the way he’s conducting things as the moderator.
The lawyer for a woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain in the late 1990s says that Cain may have violated the confidentiality terms of the agreement by commenting on its specifics over the past 24 hours.
“Herman Cain and others have already disclosed that there was a confidential settlement,” says Joel P. Bennett, a Washington-based attorney specializing in employment law, who also represented the woman when she negotiated her settlement.
“I don’t know if she’ll ever go public,” he said Tuesday.
Without having the agreement in hand, Bennett says he doesn’t know what it specifically says about Cain’s obligations under the non-disparagement and confidentiality clauses.
“I haven’t seen the agreement” in a dozen years, he said. “I haven’t seen whether it goes both ways.”
But even if it doesn’t, Bennett says, “If an employer makes a confidential agreement, and then discloses it, there’s a reasonable assumption that the employer has waived the confidentiality part of the agreement.”
Bennett said his client, a graduate of an Ivy League university, worked in professional positions in government for many years before her tenure at the restaurant lobbying group, and does so currently.
Did Juan Williams Link Christians to The Oklahoma City Bombing?
Big Journalism ^ | 10/28/11 | Warner Todd Huston
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2011 11:05:58 AM by ZGuy
In his recent assessment of his year since he was unceremoniously — and illicitly in many folks’ estimation — fired by NPR, Juan Williams indulged one of those fallacious assumptions that just screams left-wing spin. It is the sort of straw man argument that casts aspersions on others — this time against Christians — while pretending to be the logical adult in the room, not to mention while pretending not to be casting aspersions. It is a logical sleight of hand that many liberals use.
Cokie Roberts on Downgrade: ‘The Problem That We Have Here is the Constitution’
Cokie Roberts on Downgrade: ‘The Problem That We Have Here is the Constitution’:
Bill Clinton Calls For Internet ‘Ministry of Truth’
Mr Bill “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” Clinton, a man who knowingly lied to the nation on live television at the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, has called for the creation of an Internet ‘ministry of truth’ style organization that would be run by the federal government or the UN to address “misinformation and rumors floating on the Internet.”
Why Don’t We Hear About Soros’ Ties to Over 30 Major News Organizations?
By Dan Gainor
Published May 11, 2011
* Comments (1297)
* Text Size
Editor’s note: This is the first of a two part series on George Soros and the media.
When liberal investor George Soros gave $1.8 million to National Public Radio , it became part of the firestorm of controversy that jeopardized NPR’s federal funding. But that gift only hints at the widespread influence the controversial billionaire has on the mainstream media. Soros, who spent $27 million trying to defeat President Bush in 2004, has ties to more than 30 mainstream news outlets – including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Associated Press, NBC and ABC.
Prominent journalists like ABC’s Christiane Amanpour and former Washington Post editor and now Vice President Len Downie serve on boards of operations that take Soros cash. This despite the Society of Professional Journalists‘ ethical code stating: “avoid all conflicts real or perceived.”
This information is part of an upcoming report by the Media Research Centers Business & Media Institute which has been looking into George Soros and his influence on the media.
he most interesting part of the interview came at the end with this exchange, especially since it seemed to come out of nowhere:Helmand: “I happen to agree with Schiller that your comments were bigoted. I think that if I were to say that I clutch my purse every time I walk by a black man that might resonate with a lot of Americans.
It might be the truth but it’s a bigoted statement. I certainly wouldn’t have fired you but I do think there was some truth in that video that we don’t get to talk about because we are afraid to have actual discourse in this country.”Williams: “I can’t believe that you just said that. You think that simply saying what you think is evidence of bigotry that all of a sudden it’s as if you were walking by a black man that would mean if you were bigoted if you were somewhat nervous.
Let me just tell you, with the amount of black on black crime in America, I get nervous and I’m a black man. So, I mean, wait a second…
“Helmand: “There we go again, Juan. I would find that to be racial profiling that’s a bigoted comment.”
The American mainstream media, once the most dominant news gathering entity in the world, has lost its credibility and is in the process of losing its influence. Yet the Republicans and some conservative intelligentsia in Washington D.C. still foolishly curry the media’s favor, cower in fear of their by-gone power and do not understand their motives and mindless acquiescence to group-think mentality.
In a way, the history of National Public Radio, now known simply as NPR, follows the slow, incremental creep of America toward socialism. Its very existence, in fact, serves as a milestone along the socialist path, since it was created by an act of government — the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967. The legislation was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson, the liberal Democrat who beat conservative Republican Barry Goldwater in a crucial presidential race in 1964.
Selwyn Duke, in the American Thinker, writes, “Leftists…could attempt to change the Constitution so that it reflects their agenda, but this is a long, drawn-out, difficult process that requires, of all things, actual public support for your aims. And it’s easier to change the courts – and install `ideological’ justices who will impose left-wing orthodoxy from the bench – than the will of the subjects.
Consider that liberals are ever trying to destroy tradition, as it stands in the way of progressivism. Consider that a consistent definition of liberalism – one that epitomizes the modern left those progressives – involves the desire to change the status quo. So what it means is that, by definition, a liberal who understands the Constitution cannot believe in it.”Aha! So that is why Obama told an NPR radio interviewer in 2001 that the Warren Court did not “break free from the essential constraints” found in the Constitution and therefore one of the “tragedies” of the civil rights movement was that “the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth…”
Upon hearing a tape of the interview, Ed Morrissey of CaptainsQuarters blog fame, “The government does not exist to determine the acceptable level of wealth of its individual citizens. For government to assume that role, it would have to end private property rights and assume all property belonged to the State. That is classic Marxism. Barack Obama complains that the Constitution is a `charter of negative liberties.’ That’s because the Constitution was intended as a limiting document, to curtail the power of the federal government vis-à-vis the states and the individual.
Barack Obama wants to reverse that entirely.
And that’s radical change you’d better believe in, or else.”
Before It’s NewsOct 27, 2010
Today I received a plea for help from the Tawakoni Area TEA Party.
They have a Mayor that is out of control and hates the TEA Party too.
He has fired 2 long time officers for no other apparent reason than the simple fact that they belong to the local TEA Party chapter.West Tawakoni is a small town in East Texas, they don’t have a lot of TEA Party members and I am not sure how well connected to the media they are, but I know how connected I am, and I know that I have friends in the powerful, and LARGE Dallas TEA Party.
I an certain that they will want to get involved in this.This has been sent to Drudge, Breitbart, FOX and Friends, several local media here in the Dallas area, but I can’t stress this enough, the MEDIA needs to get ALL OVER this one. If you have ANY contacts in the media, send this to them.
The media, and most of Conservative America got their knickers in a twist over Juan Williams being fired by NPR, a case that was, in MY opinion, a libber reaping what he had sown, but if Conservative America can get involved and outraged over that, what will their reaction to this be?I sincerely hope it’s not one of apathy.
ADPolice Officers FIRED for being TEA Party Members 140410banner4
Please, feel free to forward this to your email list and to ALL media that you may have contact with! It is that important!From Lake Tawakoni Area TEA Party News
Rep. Keith Ellison D-Minn. appeared on the Ed Schultz show and said Juan Williams is ‘Un-American’ and people like him contribute to ‘profiling and harassing Americans’ for his comments last week on Muslim airline passengers. Schultz agreed and said the Congressman’s comments were ‘right on the mark’.Williams responded to his firing by saying NPR was looking for a reason to get rid of him, and jumped all over the comments to do so.