The new Rand Paul vs. the old Rand PaulThe Los Angeles Times ^ | October 24, 2014 | Doyle McManusPosted on 10/25/2014, 3:44:24 PM by 2ndDivisionVetRand Paul, the heretofore libertarian senator from Kentucky, gave a foreign policy speech to Republican grandees in New York last week with a clear message:
I’m not an isolationist like my dad..The senator’s peppery father, the thoroughly libertarian former Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, hardly ever saw a U.S. military intervention he liked. He said George W. Bush’s war in Iraq was nuts, suggested that the United States could live with a nuclear Iran and thought stationing U.S. troops overseas was just an expensive way to invite trouble.
On Thursday evening in a Manhattan ballroom, Sen. Paul, a probable GOP candidate for president in 2016, declared himself an advocate of “conservative realism” and named as his models Ronald Reagan, Dwight D. Eisenhower and even on free trade, not military adventures George W. Bush.“The war on terror is not over, and America cannot disengage from the world,” Paul said.
Speaking in a way likely to make Dad shudder, he called military force “indispensable … when vital American interests are attacked and threatened,” and said he supports airstrikes against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria but not arming Syrian rebels, whom he considers unreliable.But the most intriguing aspect of the speech wasn’t Paul’s attempt to distance himself from his father; it was his attempt to distance himself from himself….
Excerpt Read more at latimes.com …
HOW TO STOP EBOLAIN U.S. ONCE AND FOR ALLDr. Lee Hieb warns political correctnessis going to kill AmericansFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEWASHINGTON – Can you really trust the “experts” when the head of the CDC says you can’t catch Ebola on the bus, but you might still transmit the disease to someone on the bus? I think a 10th-grader can figure the logical fallacy in that one.It should come as no surprise that Dr. Tom Frieden, the CDC director and author of that absurd bus pronouncement, was the guy pushing Mayor Bloomberg‘s anti-large soft drink agenda. I suspect he still believes that large cola drinks are more hazardous to my children than people with Ebola walking the streets of America.I’ve been tweeting about Ebola using the intro, “Let’s be clear.” So let’s be clear here. There are several notions that need to be seen with real-world spectacles, not the rose-colored glasses of Dr. Frieden.There are multiple modes of disease transmission, and the community response must take these into account. Ebola is not airborne. If it were to become airborne, that would be disastrous, but such transformation has never been seen, so let’s worry about the here and now. An airborne disease can infect you by flowing through ventilation ducts from one part of a hospital to another. For example, in the last known case of smallpox in Europe – and smallpox is truly airborne – the exhalations of a victim flowed out the window into the German winter air, up the wall of another wing of the hospital and infected and killed several student nurses.Ebola is also not truly “bloodborne” in the sense of HIV. You truly cannot get HIV on the bus or from any casual contact. To acquire HIV, you have to be injected with a patient’s infectious blood or at least have it come into contact. You can get it from sexual exposure to semen, but even sex doesn’t always transmit it………MORE!
George Patton‘s Secret..
Government SlaveryNational Service is pure evil. Article by Ron Paul.
AND THEN I SAID…..
- 1932 Bonus March – Re Patton; MacArthur; Eisenhower, etc. | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS of AMERICA!” (gunnyg2.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: ~ Rethinking the Articles of Confederation… “The federalists, ideologically attached to protectionist and nationalist theories, exploited both real and false fears in the hope of resolving these imbalances, but they ended up by recreating what th (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: The Best of Servando Gonzalez… For The Straight Scoop On What’s Really Happening Out There !!! (gunnyg2.wordpress.com)
- “…..So, given the fact that impeachment is a legal process devised to unseat an incumbent President, Obama can’t be impeached. … He can be put in jail for life, he can be hanged for treason, but he can’t be impeached.Secondly, and this is even more imp (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Were the 1848 Socialists the Real Backbone of the Union Army? | revisedhistory | GUNNY.G: ARE YA GOOD-N-P!SSED YET, PILGRIM? (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)
- Impeachment Is Not The Only Way… “The following is from an article by Wayne Allyn Root, titled “It’s Time For Obama To Take The “Perp Walk” Think of the personal stories, the tragedies caused by this purposeful lie, by this fraud…… ” ” John A Pappas….. | (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Thanks To Obama’s Incompetence, Ebola Is Now Out Of Control In America | Dave Hodges – The Common Sense Show (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Almost Five Years Since Barack Obama Killed The Space Program (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
Gunny G: NEW ARTICLES.!!!!! ~ “If You Vote It means the politicians have fooled you. Article by Chad Nelson.” LewRockwell.com
If You VoteIt means the politicians have fooled you. Article by Chad Nelson.
Oct, 2014 by Dave Hodges
Print this article Font size -16+ PRESSTV
Paul, former Republican congressman and presidential candidate, made the remarks during an interview on Thursday night on a RT America program, Politicking with Larry King.When King asked Paul what kind of president the former US secretary of state would be, he said,
“I would think she’d be pretty average, pretty mediocre, pretty much for war, pretty much for welfare-ism, pretty much for deficits, pretty supportive of the Federal Reserve and loving the military-industrial complex.”
Paul, 79, has maintained strong positions against the military-industrial complex and the Federal Reserve, each of which he considers responsible for many of the ills afflicting the United States.
He has also strongly opposed US wars on foreign lands, particularly American military engagements in the Middle East.Paul said that Clinton’s stances on foreign and monetary policy make her similar to the recent US presidents.
“[T]hat’s what we’ve been having, so I don’t think she would……….MORE!