Rep. Sue Myrick Wants to ‘Wake Up America’
Rep. Sue Myrick (R-NC) recently unveiled her “Wake Up America” agenda to a select group of media representatives, including Family Security Matters. Her agenda features a ten-point strategy to alert and educate Americans to terrorist threats posed by radical Islamic extremists here at home.
One of Myrick’s goals is to “explain to people what the roadblocks are” regarding the fight against terrorism in the United States. She also feels “very strongly about the infiltration” by those who would do us harm “that’s taking place in America.”
Nearly seven years after the events of 9/11, Americans are still at risk from attack from Islamic radicals. Yet many citizens have either wearied of worrying or have become complacent due to the fact that there has not been another successful attack on American soil since that dark day. Myrick’s impressive agenda aims to reverse that trend.
A question that Americans might want to ask themselves is why American society – and Western civilization in general – is worth saving. Only when we affirm our own dedication to our way of life, including the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, can we effectively deter those whose aim is to destroy it. Do we have what it takes?
The agenda below is only the beginning of Rep. Myrick’s important work on these issues. As she continues to move forward, you can count on Family Security Matters to keep you informed on her progress.
- Will call for a government investigation of all U.S. military chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
- Will call for a government investigation of all U.S. prison chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
- Will call for the Government Accounting Office (GAO) to investigate the selection process of Arabic translators in the FBI and DoD.
- Will call for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ (CAIR) 501(c)(3) non-profit status which restricts “lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.”
- Introduce a bill to make the preaching, publication, or distribution of materials that call for the death of American citizens, attacks on the United States Government or Armed Forces, or the financing of the means and/or operations to accomplish these acts, acts of sedition and/or solicitation of treason.
- Will call on the Government Accountability Office to conduct an audit to verify the total sovereign wealth fund investment in the United States.
- Will attempt to cancel scholarship student visa program with Saudi Arabia until they reform their textbooks.
- Will introduce a bill to restrict R-1/R-2 religious visas for imams who come from countries that do not allow reciprocal visits by non-Muslim clergy.
- Will introduce a bill to cancel contracts to train Saudi police and other security forces in US Counterterrorism tactics until the Saudi’s certify the prosecution of Al Qaeda financiers, like Yasin al-Kadi, and the detention of repatriated Guantanamo terrorists that keep being released into the general population after being “rehabilitated.”
- Will introduce or sponsor a bill to block the sale of sensitive military munitions, especially Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), to Saudi Arabia.
For critical background information on the agenda, click here.
Rep. Myrick, along with Reps. Bud Cramer (D-AL), Kay Granger (R-TX) and Ben Chandler (D-KY) is a co-chair of the 120-member, bipartisan House Anti-Terrorism/Jihad Caucus, a group that “serves to educate Members of Congress, their staff and the general public about the threats to our country that are fueled by extremist ideologies. The Caucus recognizes that terrorism is not a Democrat or Republican problem; it is a critical issue for all Americans. To this end, the Caucus will facilitate an educational process and healthy exchange of ideas in a bipartisan setting.”
If you are a reporter or producer who is interested in receiving more information about this writer or this article, please email your request to email@example.com.
Note — The opinions expressed in this column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, and/or philosophy of The Family Security Foundation, Inc.
Other Articles by The Editors…
Rep. Sue Myrick Wants to ‘Wake Up America’
Experts: Nuclear Threat to US Continues to Grow
Meet Our Decorated Heroes: God Bless Them! Senior Chief Petty Officer Ralph Chavez
‘The Confrontation: Winning the War Against Future Jihad’ – The New Book from Dr. Walid Phares
The World is in Turmoil: Be Prepared
The Threat from China and the Threat from Inaction: Which Is Worse?
Wednesday, February 27th
Presidential Watch – Daily – Tuesday, February 19
Presidential Watch – Daily – Monday, February 18