KY-Sen. 2010: DeMint Declares for Paul (Southern Avenger)
American Conservative ^ | 2010-05-06 | Jack Hunter aka Southern Avenger
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 3:52:46 PM by rabscuttle385
Few were surprised this week when Jim DeMint endorsed Rand Paul in his bid for US Senate in Kentucky. That the man many consider the most conservative member of the Senate endorsed the son of the man many consider the most conservative member of Congress is indicative of DeMint’s genuine commitment to what most consider traditional Republican principles. Likewise, that GOP Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell so vehemently opposes Paul and has so enthusiastically endorsed his opponent is indicative of his commitment to the Republican status quo-at the expense of genuine conservatism.
Rand Paul has gone from relative obscurity to a serious contender for the US Senate because he has articulated a sound, common sense conservative message at an uncommon time. There is a genuine, rising fear about runaway spending and debt today, and whereas Republicans in the past have been able to convince voters they loved guns or loathed gays enough for constituents to ignore their big government records, the current Tea Party-influenced political environment seems to be, finally, a rejection of that never-ending cycle. The Tea Party folks in Kentucky and those who sympathize with them, see supporting Paul as a chance to tell Washington they’re not going to take it anymore. The problem is the Republican establishment wants these voters to keep taking it.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 3:20:04 PM by Ha Ha Thats Very Logical
(Alex Pareene is in Harlem for the “trial” of President Obama at James David Manning’s ATLAH World Ministries Church. He’ll be updating this post all day with pictures, description and video from the festivities.)
Apparently, the massive rally that was to begin at 9 A.M. at 116th Street and Broadway (near Columbia University, which trial organizers claim “sold” Obama his undergraduate degree) never materialized. Alex then made his way a few blocks north to the Rev. James David Manning’s ATLAH World Ministries Church. Manning had claimed that up to 30,000 people would show up. Looks like that estimate was a little off! But there were some people gathering outside:
Decent turnout. 75 ppl maybe. Lady walks by and asks what’s going on. I explain. “oh, these crazy people have been here forever,” she says.
Alex also spoke with a man named Bill, who said he’d come up from Miami for the trial. “This is serious business,” he said. As of 11 A.M., organizers were inside the church and preparing to open the doors. Stay tuned.
- Obama pushing $23 billion teachers union bailout
- Couric Lauds Birth Control as ‘Preventive Medicine,’… (Latter Day Margaret Sanger)
- We Do Not Have To Succomb To Politically Correct Left Wingnut New Speak? A Refreshing Video,
- Republicans Attacking Republicans…Sore Loser Repub’s Attacking War Hero Using Dem Tactics
- Video: Anti-Lib billboard on I-95 in Richmond, Virginia!
- Video of a Republican Who is Not Afraid of the MSM’s Impression of Him
- Listen up Arizona boycotters: The lives and safety of American citizens isn’t yours to give away ~ The Collins Report Kevin “Coach” Collins
- LAW OF THE LAND WorldNetDaily Exclusive Alert for military: Here comes Elena! Rejection of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ plan is ‘where you can create great distrust’
- All that President Barack Obama is doing to transform America, Free World over to One World Government begins and ends with one Maurice Strong. Soros is merely the financier Glenn Beck: Meet Maurice Strong ~ By Judi McLeod
- Elena Kagan and her Socialist ‘hero’ Cass Sunstein David Horowitz’s DiscoverTheNetworks.org
- The American Power Act Is a Global Power Grab ~ Glenn Beck
- We The People…the latest from Pastor James David Manning…
- Obama Buyer’s Remorse
- Gunny G: Guess Who Again At The Bottom of Every Sh!tpile!!!!!
- Dr. Manning: Obama Sedition/Treason Trial Begins Today 14 May 2010
POSTS ADDED 24/7…
JUST CLICK LINK BELOW”’
R. W. “Dick” Gaines (Gunny G)
The “G” WebLog @Network54
FOR Gunny G E-Mail UPDATES…
“We Are Behind ‘ENEMY WITHIN’ Lines,
… surrounded, If Ya Can “grok” that!
Our “Novembers Are Behind Us!”
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 1:54:16 PM by Nachum
Yet another example of public sector employee union smash and grab, at a time when private sector workers are desperate for jobs:
Couric Lauds Birth Control as ‘Preventive Medicine,’… (Latter Day Margaret Sanger)
Newsbusters ^ | 5/14/2010 | Lachlan Markay
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 1:43:49 PM by markomalley
The birth control pill was invented 50 years ago this month. CBS Nightly News anchor Katie Couric was all set to “break out the cake and streamers.” But first, she wanted to inform her viewers of a pressing national need: federal subsidies for the pill. Seriously.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 1:39:41 PM by Armaggedon
Republican New Jersey Governor Tells It Like It Is.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 1:25:42 PM by Starman417
Illogically high expectations about pinpoint accuracy and target discrimination in a fire-fight are the fantasy of armchair-academics and videogame players. Men on the ground know that war is sloppy and rough. Combat is not a noun or a place that you are “in,” but rather a verb, a thing that you “do” to other people. Principally, combat is imposing your will on the enemy by violence of action and the ugly truth is that the process kills all kinds of people: good ones, bad ones, and yes, even our own. When our expectations of success and precision are unrealistic it threatens not only our service men, it emboldens our enemy, and it breaks our will to stand and fight.
-Ilario Pantano, May 8, 2007 in defense of the Haditha Marines
Ilario Pantano recently won the Republican primary and stands a good chance of winning a seat in NC District 7 against Democratic incumbent Mike McIntyre. But apparently Pantano’s past has “come back to haunt him”. Not, really though…