Gingrich, Paul Virtually Tied for First Place in Iowa (PPP POLL: Newt-22, Paul-21, Mitt – 16)
The Corner ^ | 12/13/2011 | Katrina Trinko
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:13:15 PM by TBBT
Results from Democratic firm Public Policy Polling poll of likely GOP caucus goers: Newt Gingrich (22 percent), Ron Paul (21 percent), Mitt Romney (16 percent), Michele Bachmann (11 percent), Rick Perry (9 percent), Rick Santorum (8 percent), Jon Huntsman (5 percent), and Gary Johnson (1 percent). The poll’s margin of error is 4.2 percentage points.
Down in the weeds, PPP notices a couple of factors that might be contributing to these numbers:
He’s [Gingrich] also seen a significant decline in his favorability numbers. Last week he was at +31 (62/31) and he’s now dropped 19 points to +12 (52/40). The attacks on him appear to be taking a heavy toll- his support with Tea Party voters has declined from 35% to 24%. Paul meanwhile has seen a big increase in his popularity from +14 (52/38) to +30 (61/31).
(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com …
- Poll: Gingrich loses ground in tight Iowa race (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Paul Goes On Newt Attack As Yet Another Iowa Poll Shows Surging Support (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ed Koch: Newt Gingrich: Liberals’ Nightmare (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Unleashes Freddie Mac Attack, Newt Gingrich Fires Back (huffingtonpost.com)
- Michael J.W. Stickings: Rand Paul Slams Newt, Says He’s “Not Even a Conservative” (huffingtonpost.com)