Ron Paul Rising
NYTimes ^ | ROSS DOUTHAT
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 1:42:04 PM by JosephMama
The race for the Republican nomination may be coming down to Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, but in the contest for the Iowa caucuses, their high-profile battle might still turn out to be a sideshow. The national party has spent the last two weeks resigning itself to a choice between the former speaker and the former Massachusetts governor. But Iowa Republicans may end up choosing between Gingrich and Representative Ron Paul.
In every post-Thanksgiving poll but one, Paul has been neck and neck for second place in Iowa. In most of them, he has lagged well behind the soaring speaker, coming in just below 20 percent while Gingrich hovers around 30. But a new Iowa survey, from Public Policy Polling, shows Gingrich leading Paul by just a single point, 22 percent to 21.
Moreover, the caucuses are not won by opinion polls alone. They’re won by the politician who can pack Iowa’s churches, libraries and community centers at 7 p.m. exactly on a frigid January Tuesday, and whose supporters won’t suddenly decide to back a different candidate during an hour’s worth of jawing, dealing and very public voting.
(Excerpt) Read more at campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com …
via Ron Paul Rising.
- Five Myths About Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Outlines His Campaign’s “Secret Weapon” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“…Glenn Beck did something impressive when he managed to piss them both off…”) Glenn Beck: I’d Vote For A Ron Paul Third Party Candidacy Over Newt Gingrich (VIDEO) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” In Iowa, Paul closes to within one point of front-runner Gingrich (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Ron Paul Defends Occupy Wall Street (Blasts America’s “Obsession with war”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)