“The United States of America was born out of a bloody revolt against tyranny,” says Napolitano. “Yet almost from its inception, the government here has suppressed liberty.”
In his sixth book on the Constitution and human freedom, the popular Fox News host goes to the root of today’s problems, asking: “Where does freedom come from? How can government in America exercise power that the people have not given to it? What forces have collaborated to destroy personal freedom?”
In this back-to-basics on freedom, Judge Napolitano addresses hard questions:
Do we still have a Constitution?
What are the limits to government power in a free society?
Why does the government attack, rather than defend, our rights?
If our rights are inalienable, how can the government take them away?
Do we really own any private property?
“The Judge” provides readers with a sweeping explanation of natural rights and all the philosophical, religious and ideological principles that underscore the concept of human freedom.
(Story continues below)
- Judge Andrew Napolitano: What if Freedom Were Temporary? ~ “What if those who traded liberty for safety ended up in internment camps? “ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Myth of American Freedom by Andrew P. Napolitano (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Judge Napolitano: “What If…?” Video (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: The Men Who Destroyed the Constitution (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Can Congress make legal something that is inherently wrong, and can Congress take a freedom that is a part of our humanity and make its exercise criminal?”) The Government as Lawbreaker, ~ Again Judge Andrew Napolitano (SEE READER COMMENTS) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)