Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:21:55 AM by 2ndDivisionVet
Iowa radio host and weathervane of the state’s evangelical political opinion raises fears for Iowa’s first-in-the-nation status should it select Ron Paul on caucus day.
“One thing is for certain,” Deace writes. “if a candidate with Paul’s foreign policy views wins the Iowa Caucuses that will be the final nail in Iowa’s first in the nation status. Like it or not, the media and the Republican Party itself will simply discredit the results and start the process over in New Hampshire.”
Chris Wallace made a similar point on Fox News before last night’s debate: “The Ron Paul people are not going to like my saying this,” he said. “But to a certain degree, it will discredit the Iowa caucuses because, rightly or wrongly, I think most of the Republican establishment thinks he’s not going to end up as the nominee. So therefore, Iowa won’t count.”
Despite establishment sentiment, Paul continues to do well in the polls….
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com …
- Prison Planet.com ” CNN Admits Ron Paul Could Win Iowa (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Rising (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Faux Conservatives Smear Ron Paul Ahead Of Iowa Run In (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Fox’s Chris Wallace: If Ron Paul Wins In Iowa, It Will Discredit The Iowa Caucuses (mediaite.com)
- Chris Wallace: A Ron Paul Win Will Discredit the Iowa Caucuses (crooksandliars.com)