The State Column
December 18, 2011
Ron Paul (R-TX), a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, launched his “Tea Party” money bomb Friday with the goal of raising $4 million to fund campaign activities in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Mr. Paul has pulled in more than 3,600,000 in cash.
“Whenever the political establishment can’t win an argument, they resort to outright smears and fear tactics. But I think they’re just scared of us finally taking our country back from their reckless policies,” Mr. Paul said in an email to supporters Friday.
“And we can’t forget that the national media and my opponents are now shifting strategy from ignoring my campaign to launching attack after attack,” Mr. Paul wrote.
“Four years ago, the Tea Party Money Bomb launched the modern Tea Party movement. This weekend’s Tea Party Money Bomb can launch Ron Paul’s presidency,” Mr. Tate predicted.
On December 16, 2007, Mr. Paul set an online fundraising record by raising more than $6.4 million in 24 hours. Mr. Paul’s 2007 money bomb was intentionally launched on the anniversary of the 1773 Boston Tea Party.
Prior to Mr. Paul’s “Tea Party” money bomb, the Texas congressman wowed political pundits in several polls of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers. A Public Policy Polling poll released Tuesday found Mr. Paul splitting the vote in Iowa with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich for a first place finish. An Insider Advantage poll, also released Tuesday, found Mr. Paul in second place with a lead of five percentage points over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.
- FLASH! Ron Paul Money Bomb Extended from Dec. 16 – 18 | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (postamericana.wordpress.com)
- TEA PARTY MONEY BOMB! *** December 16th *** (postamericana.wordpress.com)
- RON PAUL Jay Leno Joe Rogan @ The Tonight Show !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- RON PAUL Jay Leno Joe Rogan @ The Tonight Show !!! (teapartywpbfl.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Tea Time: Ron Paul Money Bomb Looking For $4 Million Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)