Learn Austrian Economics by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
The past several years have seen a revival of interest in the Austrian School of economics. (For some background on the Austrian School, read this essay and this essay.) I’ve assembled this resource list to help beginners embark on a program of self-education in the Austrian School. I have marked a few titles with ** to indicate their importance.
Many of the books and audiobooks, in addition to all of the articles, that appear on the list below are available to read or listen to online.
An Introduction to Economic Reasoning
These books, all relatively short and available online or for purchase, are an excellent starting point for an education in sound economics.
Essentials of Economics by Faustino Ballve; online here (.pdf)
An Introduction to Austrian Economics by Thomas C. Taylor; online here and here (.pdf)
Lessons for the Young Economist (for younger readers) by Robert P. Murphy; online here, here (.pdf) and here (ebook)
- Ron Paul’s economic views aren’t completely off base (csmonitor.com)
- Paul Krugman: G.O.P. Monetary Madness (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Defending the Austrian Explanation of the Great Depression from an Internet Attack – Robert P. Murphy – Mises Daily (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Greenbackers Smear Ron Paul by Thomas E. Woods, Jr. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Warren Samuels on George Stigler as a Political Economist (coordinationproblem.org)