BREAKING – Arpaio: ICE refusing to take illegal immigrants from MCSO
KHPO Phoenix ^ | 12-22-2011 | John Hill – stand With Arizona
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:27:31 AM by montag813
From Stand With Arizona’s Facebook page:
PHOENIX (KPHO) -
The Department of Justice recently revoked his deputies’ ability to check immigration status inside Maricopa County jails.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Justin Griffin says they pulled over a vehicle and have eight people in their custody for human smuggling at 35th Avenue and Durango.
Griffin says they attempted to give four of the detainees to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but MCSO says ICE is refusing to take them.
Griffin says, “We asked ICE, ‘If we were DPS, would you take them from us?’ And we were told specifically, ‘Yes.'”
Stay with KPHO.com and CBS 5 for more on this developing story.
- DOJ’s Report on Sheriff Joe’s Department of Real Justice (wtpotus.wordpress.com)
- Controversial Arizona Sheriff’s ‘Culture Of Bias’ Revealed In Scathing Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Immigration agents to screen Ariz. jail inmates (sfgate.com)
- Department of Justice Releases Investigative Findings on the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Attack-Dogs Go After Sheriff Joe Arpaio (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)