Oath Keepers has taken the position that when the President gives an order not in compliance with the Constitution, their members should ignore the order and follow the Constitution. Accordingly, when Congress gives powers that it doesn’t possess or that violate the Constitution to the Executive branch, it must be brought to justice. As Rhodes noted in his announcement, “We consider the NDAA of 2012 to be a declaration of war on the American people, and an act of treason … Oath Keepers … across the nation will lead or assist efforts in their states to remove any member of Congress, regardless of party, who voted for this monstrosity.” He added:
These politicians from both parties betrayed our trust, and violated the oath they took to defend the Constitution. It’s not about the left or right, it’s about our Bill of Rights. Without the Bill of Rights, there is no America. It is the Crown Jewel of our Constitution, and the high-water mark of Western Civilization.
As two time Medal of Honor winner Marine General Smedley Butler once said, “There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.” [It is] time to fight…..
- Rise Up Against Martial Law (lewrockwell.com)
- Oath Keepers Launches National Effort to Recall and/or Remov (disclose.tv)
- DEVVY’S EMAIL ALERTS: OathKeepers announcement they are pursuing recalling their U.S. senators is the hottest thing on the Internet and my email box. But, can it succeed? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Oath Keepers Launch National Effort to Recall And/or Remove Members of Congress Who Voted for Ndaa Military Detention (unmasker4maine.wordpress.com)
- REAL NEWS Dec. 29 (danimartextras.wordpress.com)