State Says American Flag Violates Law
Fox News Radio ^ | December 29, 2011 | Todd Starnes
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:42:03 PM by Kaslin
“We want our flag back,” Rhonda Winkler told Fox News & Commentary. “We are patriots and we love America.”
Winkler and her family erected the flag in a traffic circle three years ago in the town of Woodbine. They posted the flag to honor their nephew, a soldier deployed to Afghanistan.
About a month ago a car crashed into the roundabout damaging a tree and destroying the original flag. So Winkler’s husband and an 88-year-old World War Two veteran replaced the flag. And that’s when the trouble started.
Winkler said she received a telephone call alerting her that state highway workers had taken down the flag and the flag pole, tossing both into the back of a dump truck.
“They told us it was against the law to erect a flag on the traffic circle,” Winkler said. “They told my husband that whoever put up the flag could be arrested for trespassing.”
State highway workers also told her that people had complained about Old Glory.
“We figured it’s the American flag and we live in the United States of America – how can anyone have a problem with it,” Winkler asked.
(Excerpt) Read more at radio.foxnews.com …
- All-American Muslims Tell Parade Goers to Put Down American Flag (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Upside-Down American Flag Flies At Occupy Pittsburgh (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- In Support of the American Flag in Woodbine (poetslife.blogspot.com)
- Veteran Takes Down American Flag Hanging Under Mexican Flag (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Maryland State Workers Say U.S. Flag Violates Law (radio.foxnews.com)