Republicans may deplore the GOP Great Society of Bush 43. Paul stood almost alone in voting against every Bush measure. By two-to-one, Americans now believe the Iraq war was a mistake. Paul, alone among the candidates, opposed the war.
And because his campaign is about a cause larger than himself, it is a safe bet he will not quit this race until the last caucuses have met and the last primary has been held.
Prediction: Paul will go into the Tampa, Fla., convention with more delegates than any other candidate save the nominee of the party.
There is a gnawing fear in the GOP that Paul will quit the party when the primaries are over and run as a third-party candidate on the Libertarian or some other line in the November election.
Not going to happen. Such a decision would sunder the movement Paul has pulled together, bring about his own and his party’s certain defeat in November, and re-elect Barack Obama.
Paul would become a pariah in his party, while his son, Sen. Rand Paul, who would be forced to endorse his father over the GOP nominee, would be ruined as a future Republican leader.
Why would Dr. Paul do this, when the future inside the GOP looks bright not only for him but for his son?…..
- Dave Daubenmire – Why are Republican organ grinders Against Ron Paul? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- RON PAUL Changes the Republican Party, or Not? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Bilderberg Elitist Charlie Rose Invokes Ron Paul “Electability” Myth (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Rand Paul: Ron could win N.H. with independents (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Nationwide Poll: Ron Paul Surges Into Second (gunnyg.wordpress.com)