J.B. William’s article attacking Ron Paul, released on December 30, 2011 on NewsWithViews.com, perhaps deserves (I use the word loosely) a response. Williams’ assumes a lot and qualifies virtually nothing. He takes for granted the meaning and understanding of words like “conservative” and “liberal” and uses them to pigeon hole politics and pit people against Ron Paul. It is this kind of miniscule attention to detail that spreads misinformation and disinformation masqueraded as “fact.”
Let us consider Williams’ attacks on Ron Paul in order, and I will offer a critique for the sake of integrity in journalism and truth in politics.
This is a useless tool against Ron Paul and benefits no voters. There is not one Republican candidate taking on this issue. One has to ask, what difference does it make that Ron Paul is not leading the charge in this regard? If no one is taking on this issue as a part of their campaign, then everyone’s score is “zero to zero.” Williams’ use of “fact” is a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic jab at Ron Paul as a “constitutionalist.” But this jab can be made universally to all the candidates; thus, this information is useless and irrelevant to persuade the voters and distinguish the candidates.
2. Williams says, “Mr. Constitution would know the primary function of the Federal Government is to protect and defend the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. – To do that in a 21st Century world, you better have one hell of a standing Military, which Mr. Constitution also opposes.”
Williams obviously mocks Ron Paul as “Mr. Constitution.” Williams steps outside of the objective and enters into the subjective and emotional. Williams’ credibility as an objective journalist diminishes significantly. We need less emotion in politics and more statesmanship. This mockery fails in that attempt.
As to Paul’s stance on…..
Hey, See the Reader Responses on each article,
they are gems in themselves!
For Various Reasons,Gunny G
Now Posting To Three Blogs…
- GUNNY G: A Response to JB Williams’ Article Attacking Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- America has one last chance, and it is a very slim one. Americans can elect Ron Paul President, or they can descend into tyranny. Why is Ron Paul America’s last chance? Because he is the only candidate who is not owned lock, stock, and barrel by the mil (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- FEATURED STORIES: RON PAUL: Ron Paul Is The Only Candidate With The Momentum to Challenge Romney ; Obama or More of the Same? : “I’ve Been Warning People About Our Foreign Policy & Endless Wars” , Etc….. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- America has one last chance, and it is a very slim one. Americans can elect Ron Paul President, or they can descend into tyranny. Why is Ron Paul America’s last chance? Because he is the only candidate who is not owned lock, stock, and barrel by the milit (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- Timothy N. Baldwin – A Response to JB Williams’ Article on Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)