Fearing Gingrich, Both Sides Say He’s Unelectable
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:01:57 AM by jimluke01
What do establishment Republicans and liberal Democrats have in common? They’ve long labored under a shared misconception: conservative candidates are unelectable.
In 1980, conventional wisdom held that Ronald Reagan didn’t stand a chance against Jimmy Carter. The GOP leadership, the mainstream media and liberal politicos alike lined up against the Gipper in an attempt to derail his presidential campaign.
Rush Limbaugh recently addressed this phenomenon on his radio program: “Gerald Ford said that Ronald Reagan was unelectable. George H.W. Bush said that Ronald Reagan was unelectable. The entire Republican establishment thought Ronald Reagan was unelectable because they were governed and informed by the Goldwater landslide defeat. That’s what they think will happen to every conservative.”
That’s what they think will happen to Newt Gingrich.
Read more on Newsmax.com: Fearing Gingrich, Both Sides Say He’s Unelectable Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama’s Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com …
- Oliver North: Obama Has Made US a ‘Hollow Threat’ (VIDEO interview, likes Gingrich) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Namedrops ‘Ronald Reagan’ More Times In Debates Than Anyone Else Combined (mediaite.com)
- RINO Romney Is the Least Electable: And his economic policies would be warmed-over Bush Sr. and… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich spars with Romney, but the real loser is the American people (noxforchristmas.wordpress.com)
- ~ Gunny.g.confidential ~wake Up America.1984.plus Is Here!: Ronald Reagan’s Wisdom on the Middle East: Leave! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)