What are they hiding? Maine GOP adds missing caucus votes, but wouldn’t release them to the public (“Maine Republican Party has updated and additional votes “accidentally” omitted from last day’s Maine caucus. However Maine’s state party man Charlie Webster said those votes won’t be publicly released. Why? “)
However Maine’s state party man Charlie Webster said those votes won’t be publicly released. Why? Do they have something to hide?
“We don’t want any more drama,” Webster told TheDC. “I’ve already got death threats and 1,800 emails.”
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was declared the victor in Maine over the weekend, claiming a slim 194-vote lead over Texas Rep. Ron Paul. Paul supporters, however, expressed dismay over errors in tabulating vote counts in various localities, including several towns in Waldo County.
That county’s Republican committee passed a motion of censure against Webster on Tuesday.
- Pressure Mounting For GOP Caucus Reconsideration (Ron Paul Winning Maine After All?!?) ~ “The Maine GOP announced Saturday that Romney narrowly edged Ron Paul, 39 percent to 36 percent, in a nonbinding presidential preference poll taken during the caucuse (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Was Maine Stolen from Ron Paul? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Maine Prevents Ron Paul Victory Because of “Snow”!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Might Have Won Maine, After All (slog.thestranger.com)
- Maine’s Really, Really Screwed Up Caucus (outsidethebeltway.com)