Have you noticed it’s getting a lot more expensive to drive your car and heat your home? Do you think it’s just a coincidence, or due to the turmoil in the Middle East? That may have something to do with it, but remember, before he became President, Barack Obama stated in no uncertain terms that energy prices needed to skyrocket to force us into using alternative energy sources. He didn’t state at the time that his friends on the left would profit from the alternative energy he’s pushing, but we all know it’s true.
The Washington Examiner‘s latest editorial details how the president’s policies are driving up the cost of energy. Included is the 2008 quote when he tipped his hand to his plans for us and the cost of energy.
But not even “Landslide Lyndon” could make economic reality go away. Obama wants Americans to pay more for energy now both to make more expensive alternative energy sources acceptable and to help finance their development. But there are two fatal flaws in Obama’s strategy. First, the federal government has spent hundreds of billions of dollars since the Carter administration trying to encourage the development of alternative energy sources. And for just as long, the costs of energy produced from fossil fuels like oil, natural gas and coal, has declined, even as its production has become more efficient and environmentally friendly.
(more at link…)
(Excerpt) Read more at lonelyconservative.com …
- Shift to Renewable Energy Sources, Use Smart Meters (boldstate.com)
- Houghton College Students Focus on Alternative Energy Sources for Transportation: GM’s Fuel Cell Team Visits College (prweb.com)
- The case for a safe, alternative energy source: Nuclear power – Washington Times (enformable.com)
- Nuclear power: The case for a safe, alternative energy source – Washington Times (enformable.com)
- With Legislation Pending, a Timely Study Reveals American Opinions on Alternative Energy (prweb.com)