Prison Planet.com » Government Resurrects Plan To Monitor All Phone Calls And Emails
The British government has dusted off previously shelved plans to create huge databases, enabling spy agencies to monitor every phone call, email and text message as well as websites visited by everyone in the country.
The Telegraph reports that under the plans, the government will force every communications network to store the data for one year. The plans also extend to social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and gaming sites.
The plans, drawn up by MI5, MI6 and GCHQ, the government’s secret eavesdropping agency, may be officially announced as soon as May, according to details seen by the Telegraph. Those agencies would have real time access to the records kept by companies such as Vodafone and British Telecom.
The records would allow the spy agencies to monitor the “who, when and where” of every phone call, text message and email sent, while also allowing for internet browsing histories to be matched to IP addresses…….
- How the UK plans anti-terror phone, email monitoring (zdnet.com)
- Government spy programme will monitor every phone call, text and email (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Homeland Security monitors journalists (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” DHS Stonewalls Congress On Social Media Spying (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- UK to spy on all online communications (alethonews.wordpress.com)