The mysteriously funded, highly organized Americans Elect effort to put a third-party candidate on this year’s election ballot has ties to President Obama and top Democrats, as WND previously documented.
After dropping out of the GOP nomination race, Roemer said he is now seeking the presidency as an independent with Americans Elect.
“The Americans Elect think the country ought to come first, and I agree,” he said.
While Americans Elect requires each presidential candidate to choose a vice presidential candidate from another party, Roemer said he plans to select an independent candidate to run alongside him.
Roemer told a local Louisiana newspaper he hasn’t yet endorsed Americans Elect’s platform and he is also considering becoming the Reform Party’s candidate.
Earlier this week, David Boren, a former Democrat senator and governor from Oklahoma who backed Obama in 2008, told the New York Times that Americans Elect could provide “electric shock therapy” to the political system.
“The country is going to really be in deep trouble if…..
- Will Olympia Snowe Run For President On Americans Elect Ticket? (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Is Olympia Snowe Bound For A White House Run In 2012? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Roemer to launch independent bid for President (hotair.com)
- Roemer leaving GOP, but not presidential campaign (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Roemer to Launch Independent Bid (politicalwire.com)
- Retiring Maine senator chides GOP (cbsnews.com)
- Will Olympia Snowe Join Third-Party Ticket? – Sounds like she could be a candidate for Americans Elect: Jonathan Chait (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Buddy Roemer to make third-party bid (thehill.com)
- Will Olympia Snowe Join Third-Party Ticket? (newser.com)