Ron Paul is orchestrating a highly unusual, yet precisely organized, grassroots effort to bring as many loyal delegates as possible to the Republican National Convention. Romney‘s campaign has some mass appeal but invites little passion. Paul’s might have even fewer supporters than Romney but their energetic zeal could culminate in having an outsize influence at the RNC without having won a single primary.
Each state selects its delegates to the Republican National Convention differently, and as has often been reported, the process of a candidate “winning a state” is not as simple as a plurality on primary day. An obscure process of country, district, and state conventions exists to appoint these delegates to the national convention. A candidate who can successfully manipulate these lesser known “behind-the-scenes” processes can put himself in an advantageous position should the Convention begin in August with some doubt about the identity of the nominee.
Focusing on one Super Tuesday state, Georgia, this process began with “mass precinct meetings” on February 18th to select delegates to the county conventions. After the March 6 primary, Georgia’s 159 county conventions take place March 10. These will elect delegates to the district conventions scheduled for April 14.
While some at-large delegates emerge from the state convention, most are selected at Georgia’s thirteen district conventions. Ideally, the Paul campaign would like for its supporters to compose 51% of the attendees at each district convention so that its supporters can make motions, control the proceedings, and make sure its supporters get nominated as delegates to the national convention.
(Excerpt) Read more at thedailybeast.com …
- Prison Planet.com ” Will Ron Paul win more delegates this week than Gingrich, Santorum? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Corporate Media Officially Stops Covering Paul Campaign (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Ron Paul’s Minions Plan to Hijack the GOP Convention (thedailybeast.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Warming To Potential VP Slot? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Explanation of How Ron Paul wins regardless of vote (Their delegate-stealing plan?) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Delegate Training for Ron Paul: ronulans planning on stealing election through delegates! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” GOP Strategist: Ron Paul Will Be On The Republican Ticket (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Insider Says Talk of Paul-Romney Alliance is “Establishment Trick” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul and reality – Minnesota (disclose.tv)