Ron Paul: This birth control debate is just “silly” (Focus on freedom-breaching nature of Obamacare)
In an interview with Piers Morgan last night, Ron Paul called the debate about the Obama administration’s contraception mandate “silly.” Refusing to discuss the mandate in terms of either “women’s health” or “sexual morality,” Paul kept the focus squarely on the freedom-breaching nature of Obamacare in general.
In this instance, Paul, who in his first career as an OBGYN delivered hundreds of babies and was paid to care for “women’s health,” possesses a special credibility — and his classic libertarian response was a model for how to handle the issue for those who don’t want to discuss the cultural underpinnings and implications of the administration’s mandate.
CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO
The birth control debate has been particularly interesting for the way it has both united conservative and progressive religious individuals against the Obama administration’s breach of the freedom of religion and has divided secular and religious conservatives over whether to revisit the seemingly long-ago settled question of what sexual norms society seeks to promote.
- (The Jackboot Is On Our Throats) Economy Squeezed as Debt Accelerates by Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Warming To Potential VP Slot? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Clips From Last Night: Ron Paul on negative political ads and birth control (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Ron Paul: Birth-control fight ‘silly’ (thehill.com)
- Ron Paul: Obama’s proposed Tricare plan is “immoral and unjust” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hot Ads: Ron Paul attacks, Gov. Walker attacked – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- The Secret Media War (Against Ron Paul) of 2012 by Ron Holland (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul’s new ad: Is he attacking his ‘wingman’? (+video) (csmonitor.com)
- Putting Rumors To Rest? New Ron Paul Ad Directly Attacks Mitt Romney (mediaite.com)
- Barack’s Smug Assault on Freedom of Religion Isn’t Just Anti-American – It’s Unforgivable (gunnyg.wordpress.com)