How Did Another Assault on Our Rights Slip Through? | Veterans Today
VA Announces Winners in Badges for Vets Contest
Will Bibi Break Obama?
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 | Posted by Veterans Today
How Did Another Assault on Our Rights Slip Through?
Congress passes bill severely curtailing civil liberties
Confronting the Israel Lobby
by Alison Weir
H.R.347, the `Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011′ has just been passed.
This makes it a federal offense, with imprisonment of at least up to one year, for any “unauthorized” person to enter or remain in a building — or the grounds — where the Secret Service is present or where there is an “an event designated as a special event of national significance.”
In other words, it is now a felony to have a demonstration near presidential candidates or a visiting head of state such as Benjamin Netanyahu. In fact, it is a felony to even be on the grounds where they are temporarily visiting, say at a campaign stop – even if you don’t yet know that this has now become an off-limits area.
The bill passed 388-to-3. Now it awaits Obama…..
- Ron Paul Only Candidate To Warn of a Fascist Takeover in America | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- US Congress passes authoritarian anti-protest law (2012indyinfo.com)
- Brzezinski: The Last American Cowboy “Spills the Beans” | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Stephen Harper to Benjamin Netanyahu: Canada seeks ‘peaceful’ end to Iran tensions (calgaryherald.com)
- Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011′ HR. 347: “Our corruption has made us grossly paranoid” (ppjg.me)
- Imprecise Language and the Risks of H.R. 347 (jonathanturley.org)
- Stephen Harper to Benjamin Netanyahu: Canada seeks ‘peaceful’ end to Iran tensions (vancouversun.com)
- NAACP Calls Out Assault on Voting Rights (theroot.com)
- Bill Passes House: Protests Near Secret Service Protected Folk Effectively Outlawed (reason.com)
- Syrian regime prepares for ground assault on rebel-held enclave of Homs (telegraph.co.uk)