We are delving here into the mysteries of the Godhead, so we must tread reverently, and assume at the outset that we could never fully understand Jesus. We can only humbly receive God’s self-revelation, to the extent that we are able.
Jesus himself said as much when he proclaimed, “… no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him” . (Matthew 11:27)
Only God the Father can fully understand Jesus and only Jesus can fully understand the Father. For us there is only partial (but adequate) revelation of the Father and the Son.
Perhaps we should begin by saying what Jesus is not saying, when he refers to Himself as “the only begotten Son” of the Father……
- Begotten Son of God (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- Christ Witnesses to Nicodemus John 3:1-21 (loopyloo305.com)
- Premonition of Calvary: The Readings for the 2nd Sunday of Lent (thesacredpage.com)
- Jesus begotten Son of God #11 Existence and Genesis Raising up (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- God is not a Trinity (vanguardngr.com)
- Jesus begotten Son of God #20 Before and After (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Written to recognise the Promissed One (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Pray for Lindsay Lohan (celinegabrielle.wordpress.com)
- Jesus begotten Son of God #19 Compromising fact (christadelphians.wordpress.com)