Mitt “just doesn’t understand the constitution like Ron Paul.”
Six Romney Family Members Hit Campaign Trail… For RON PAUL 2017674619
No less than six relatives of Presidential candidate Mitt Romney have joined the campaign trail in the race for the GOP nomination, but they’re not supporting the former Massachusetts governor, they’re campaigning for Texas Congressman Ron Paul.
Three of Romney’s relatives will even speak at Idaho caucus sites, declaring their support for Paul in a story that is sure to create a buzz around Paul’s campaign as he looks to pick up his first caucus win on Super Tuesday.
The Paul campaign issued a press release Monday introducing five Romney relatives, then issued another release shortly afterwards noting a sixth.
Travis Romney, Troy Romney and Chad Romney, all cousins of Mitt Romney, will speak before Ron Paul crowds in Idaho today. Ty Romney and Jared Romney, whose grandfathers are cousins of former Michigan Governor George Romney, the father of Mitt Romney, have also declared their support for Paul.
“I don’t dislike Mitt at all,” Chad Romney (pictured above) said. “He seems like a nice guy. He just doesn’t understand the constitution like Ron Paul.”
“It’s Ron Paul or bust,” Chad Romney added, “Now, a lot of people will ask me if I’m related,” he said. “And I always say: ‘Yes, I’m related, but I vote for Ron Paul.’ ”
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
When asked who he would vote for if the ticket turns out to be Romney vs Obama, Chad Romney said “I don’t know if I’d vote for either one of them. I’d just write Ron Paul in there.”
“I support Ron Paul because he defends the Constitution, loves America and understands what it means to be an American, including the right to live your life any way you want as long as you respect others,” said Travis Romney, a second cousin once removed from the former Massachusetts governor.
Ty Romney, an attorney in Montana added, “Ron Paul is honest. It’s time to take a stand for honesty. It doesn’t matter whether the truth is popular or not, I know that Ron Paul will always maintain a true principle and I endorse that degree of integrity.”
Paul’s campaign suggests that the endorsements show that the Congressman can win Mormon voters, noting that the Romneys are now members of the “Latter-day Saints for Ron Paul” nationwide coalition.
- Romney’s Idaho cousin backing Paul (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Romney’s Idaho cousin backing Paul – The Seattle Times (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Has Ron Paul Formed a Political Alliance With Mitt Romney? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Cousins Are Hitting The Campaign Trail – To Support Ron Paul (businessinsider.com)
- How many Romneys are voting for Ron Paul? – Christian Science Monitor (csmonitor.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul will defeat Mitt Romney in the Virginia primary (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Talking Heads, Mainstream Media Pushing Paul/Romney Alliance Conspiracy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Insider Says Talk of Paul-Romney Alliance is “Establishment Trick” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Romney to make Ron Paul his running mate? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Romney Family Reunions Will Be Extra-Awkward Now (slog.thestranger.com)