While the other candidates are playing games, Paul is fighting to Restore America Now
For the past week the media, along with GOP presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, as well as the incumbent president, have fixated on a throw away remark about an ‘etch-a-sketch by a Romney communications advisor.
That’s right, while the economy continues its seemingly never ending spiral into a black hole, while innocent people continue to be slaughtered needlessly in Afghanistan, while the rhetoric over attacking Iran increases, and while everyday Americans are stripped of more and more basic freedoms, the candidates have held up plastic toys and beat the American voting public around the head with a distinctly average metaphor.
Enough is enough for Ron Paul, who today released a new ad outlining the idiocy of the spectacle and how it reflects a wider picture where the presidential race is concerned.
The internet only ad uses cringe inducing clips of Santorum and Gingrich brandishing Etch-a-Sketches at campaign events, along with corporate media hacks relentlessly filling their already comatizing schedules with fluff and nonsense about the children’s game.
“Tired of the games?” the hollywood trailer style video asks, before touting Paul as the only candidate who is “principled” and “consistent” with a “serious” plan to address the real problems America faces.
The ad “will be pushed to conservative email lists” and websites, according to a press release from the Paul campaign.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
“In the context of $15 trillion in federal government debt, 12 million Americans jobless, and a country perpetually at war there is zero justification for treating the election as something to be toyed with.” the statement reads.
“Conservatives and Constitutionalists have long been concerned about Mitt Romney’s track record of position changes and flip-flops, and his top adviser’s slip of the tongue only reinforces this suspicion,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.
“It is equally off-putting to see Santorum and Gingrich react like carnival barkers, not the statesmen America sorely needs. But, none of this is surprising,” added Mr. Benton.
“While the other candidates and the political chattering class are obsessed with horse-race politics and scoring public relations points, Dr. Paul stands alone in offering real solutions to difficult problems. He is the only candidate with a ‘Plan to Restore America’ that cuts real spending and balances the budget in one term, ends the foreign wars and nation-building, cuts taxes and regulations to create jobs, and reigns in the Federal Reserve,” the statement concludes.
Watch the Etch-a-Sketch ad below:
Steve Watson is the London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.net, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham in England.
- Newt Gingrich Demonstrates Etch-A-Sketch, Mocks Mitt Romney on Campaign Trail (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul: In it to win it (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: You Betcha! Real Americans, Restore the Republic !!!!!!!!!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama Mentally Ill (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (excerpt) Is This Man, President of the United States of America, the Leader of the Free World, Mentally Ill? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Veteran psychiatrist: Leftists are mentally ill (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Newt: Obama’s goal is $8 or $9 gas (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ROME IS BURNING, NERO IS FIDDLING By Lynn Stuter (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- If I Were the Devil: Paul Harvey (Warning for a Nation) (audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (EXCERPT: Reader Response) The Declaration of Independence beautifies (and beatifies)the Constitution (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- MORE POSTS/ARTICLES on Gunny G’s .. (1 reply) (network54.com)
- Gunny G: That Flag On Suribachi – Japanese Witness Tells His Story . (network54.com)
- LaRouche: To Stop World War III, Obama Must be Removed from Office Now ~ “In addition to these impeachable crimes, President Obama is clinically insane, and should be immediately removed…” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (SOMETIMES YA GOTTA CHECK THESE LINKS OUT WITH THE WAYBACK MACHINE…) OBAMA Oil sets $7 a gallon gas price target (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hey, What’s That Sound I Hear? ….that’s Aarugha, Not Oohrah!!!!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: Why Top Federal Judge Roll (Obama Case) Not Mentioned Same Tucson (Giffords) Shooting (Assassination?) ” ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+. ~ (BLOG & EMAIL) (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- “feminism traces its roots back to Karl Marx, George Engels, and Vladimir Lenin” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Obama should likely be behind bars with the results of multiple felonies he is alleged to have committed.Unfortunately…”) What are the odds Obama is Ineligible to run again for president? | Western Journalism.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “More and More Weather Modification Programs Are Planned Without Your Knowledge or Consent” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Be Left Alone… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunnyg: the People (and Writers) Seem to Be Becoming More Edgy and Outspoken… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)