Trayvon Martin Case: New Black Panthers Offer $10,000 Bounty For Capture of George Zimmerman Without a government-issued warrant, the organization opens itself up to civil or criminal liability, a lawyer said.
By Arelis R. Hernandez March 24, 2012
New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.”
The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon in a gated Sanford community on Feb. 26.
Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland — where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. He declined to say when the group would begin their search.
Muhammad said the group’s national chairman, Dr. Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, D.C. is receiving donations from black entertainers and athletes. They hope to collect $1 million by next week, Muhammad said.
The party said they would not release the names of donors nor would they provide documentation to support the existence of donations.
(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com …
- Was Florida shooter a vigilante or diligent neighbor? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Saul Alinsky: The activist who terrifies the right (Vetting Hussein? Link to his 1988 essay) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Of Speech Denied In America: Muslim Judge Scolds Victim For Insulting Muhammad (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Arpaio Unjustly In Justice Department Crosshairs (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- No, Malcolm X is not baby Obama’s daddy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“According to preliminary reports, Judge Malihi issued a default judgment against Obama and will recommend to the Georgia Secretary of State that Obama’s name not appear on the Georgia ballot starting with the March 6th Georgia Democratic primary.”) ~ Di (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama Has Awakened A Sleeping Nation By Gary Hubbell (network54.com)
- Fatwa Issued By New Black Panther Party-What Will DOJ & Obama Say Now? (paualready.wordpress.com)
- Daily Caller Links President Obama’s Trayvon Martin Remarks To ‘Black Panthers’ (mediaite.com)
- BREAKING: Witness Says Trayvon Martin ATTACKED George Zimmerman (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman “wanted dead or alive” (lameducks.wordpress.com)
- Geraldo: “The Hoodie Is As Much Responsible For Trayvon Martin’s Death As George Zimmerman” (alan.com)
- Trayvon Martin Protesters Arrive In Busloads To Sanford Florida (theroycroftreport.com)
- George Zimmerman first announcement after Trayvon’s Martin death (getwititmagazine.com)