Some today, like the man in the White House, suggest Jesus was an old-fashioned “progressive” – someone who wanted to spread the wealth around. Some Communists, the world’s worst butchers, even claim Him as one of their own. Muslims, who call Him Issa, claim Him as a prophet second in status only to Muhammad.
But Jesus is not a progressive or a Communist. Nor is He a Muslim. I dare say He is not even a Christian.
The word “Christ” is the Greek word for Messiah, the Anglicized term for the Hebrew “Mashiach.” No one even called Him “Jesus” throughout His entire life, because it wasn’t His name. His name was and is still Yeshua. That’s because He came first for the Jews and later offered the message of “salvation” (the precise translation of the word Yeshua in Hebrew) to the non-Jews.
Furthermore, Yeshua did not come to start a new religion.
His true followers understand that He is more than their Savior, their Lord, their King. He is the only eternal Son of God – the One who walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden, visited the prophets, appeared to Joshua, wrestled with Jacob and wrote the Ten Commandments in stone tablets with His own finger.
If you believe God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, you cannot believe that Yeshua came to start a new religion called Christianity.
His ministry on Earth – everything He said and did – was in total harmony and fulfillment of all that came before, including the covenants with Adam, Noah, Abraham, David and so on.
Each covenant was built upon the previous ones. They all required one thing – faith and obedience.
That is true today of what we call the “New Covenant,” though I don’t believe we have actually experienced it yet. What do I mean?…..
- Yeshua or Jesus (acatholicdad.wordpress.com)
- The Crucifixion Week (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- The Rush to Wound the Feminine (newheavenonearth.wordpress.com)
- Understanding Blood Covenant (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- This Week’s Torah Portion – VAYIKRA (And He Called) (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- Jews reclaim Jesus as one of their own (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Notes And Commentary: “Jacob’s Trouble” Opening Session Presented By Speaker David Chernoff [MJAA SW Regional Conference 2012] (paradoxparables.justparadox.com)