Marine Who Called Obama “The Enemy” Fighting For Free Speech
How many currently enlisted soldiers do you know who are openly criticizing President Barack Hussein Obama in public?
Marine Sergeant Gary E. Stein is one of them. Sgt. Stein is a recruiter based at Camp Pendleton in California. He has received glowing recommendations from his superiors. He has been a marine since July 15, 2003; five years later, he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant. Stein is hoping to reenlist when his current term of service expires in just under four months from now, and he has asked for his current term to be extended until June 28, 2013 (this request is currently pending.)
He is the founder of the Facebook page called the Armed Forces Tea Party, which he formed in 2010 as an expression of free speech. The page currently has more than 26,000 followers and according to its description is ”in no way affiliated with the military, or United States Armed Forces.” He has spoken at several tea party events in southern California during the last two years outside of uniform.
Unfortunately, Sgt. Stein is facing dismissal from the Marines over some comments he has made about Obama recently, notably that the current occupier of the White House is “the enemy“. He also has said that he will not follow what he considers to be any “unlawful order” given by Obama. Stein believes that attempts to throw him out of the military are really about silencing his right to speak out against the president……
- Marine to argue free-speech case at hearing (washingtontimes.com)
- Marine facing dismissal argues free speech case (seattlepi.com)
- Marine Cites Facebook in Discharge Suit (myfoxorlando.com)
- Obama criticizing Marine tests limits of free speech (capitolhillblue.com)
- Tea Party Marine Denied Request to Halt Separation Hearing – Camp Pendleton, CA Patch (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Marine’s Facebook page tests military rules (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“I was responding to a hypothetical question,” Stein explained, “and I said I would not obey any illegal orders.”…..”) U.S. military purging ‘birthers’? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Marine’s lawyers seek order to cancel discharge hearing over Obama statements (stripes.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein Facing Dismissal from Marines over Anti-Obama Facebook Posts (blippitt.com)