Missed by all but one of the mainstream media: Michelle Obama “really needs” CodePink.
“First Lady Michelle Obama, accepting an anti-war petition at a fundraiser in San Francisco last week, told the CodePink member who presented her with 20,000 signatures, “Keep up the great work,” the organization’s co-founders say. (San Francisco Chronicle, April 4, 2012).
“CodePink co-founder Medea Benjamin wrote a blogpost today about the First Lady’s visit. In it, she related she said what happened behind the scenes when Kristin Hall, a CodePink supporter—one who paid to get into the $500 a head fundraiser—personally met up with Michelle Obama at the California Academy of Sciences last Friday.
“After Hull handed Mrs. Obama a petition urging peacekeeping not war with Iran—a document signed by luminaries like Gloria Steinham, Alice Walker and Eve Ensler—Mrs. Obama thanked Hull for her advocacy and said, “Keep up the great work,” writes Benjamin. “As Hull was walking away after her photo with the First Lady, Michelle Obama grabbed her hand, squeezed it and said, “We really need you.” (Italics CFP’s).
The hypocrisy of Obama and the anti-war activists could have been framed during the prelude to Holy Week 2012.
- Michelle Obama’s 5 Best Fashion Moments Ever (fabsugar.com)
- Fab Flash: Vogue Wants Michelle Obama (fabsugar.com)
- Michelle Obama’s Euro Style (fabsugar.com)
- Photo: Michelle Obama vs Dame Patience Jonathan. Who has more swag? (ipublicizenaija.wordpress.com)
- Code Pink appeals to Obama administration women (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- First Lady of Fly- Michelle Obama (sassncurlz.com)
- First lady Michelle Obama to appear on ‘Colbert Report’ (thegrio.com)
- Michelle Obama in Jax next week (tampabay.com)
- Bo Obama Goes to the White House Easter Egg Roll (peoplepets.com)
- Fab Flash: Michelle Obama Is Presidential in Pink in Vogue (fabsugar.com)