My articles for LRC have been increasingly difficult and frustrating to write. More recently I have been trying to get people to understand America’s current police state. Yes, I have received some favorable emails when my articles have appeared, but there are also ones from those in denial, who refer to me as “nuts,” “conspiracy theorist,” and so on.
Now, to say that America is becoming like Nazi Germany is not an exaggeration. But too many people glance over such assertions in disbelief, perceiving such things as absurdities. They are in denial, and just do not want to believe what’s going on.
In my article on martial law, I emphasized that public officials are obligated to disobey unlawful orders, even those issued by the President of the United States. If the President orders suspension of civil liberties and basic rights protected by the U.S. Constitution’s Bill of Rights, then governors, mayors, state troopers, police officers and military personnel must disobey those unlawful orders. Those officials have sworn to an oath to obey the Constitution, not to obey the President of the United States.
“But we’re at war!” some people cry. No, sorry. Regardless of what the warmongers say, there is no time ever to excuse violations of the people’s rights and their liberty, during war or peacetime.
America is dangerous now, but the reason isn’t because of Islamic terrorists – it’s because of government bureaucrats, central planners run amok.
The problem is that bureaucrats who MUST have war and expanded powers, including suppression of civil liberties, will change the laws to suit their narcissistic needs for more power.
And America is dangerous because too many amongst the general population are no longer raised with a sense of moral values and personal responsibility. Americans seem to get easily swept up into a national fervor for war, for killing and death. Just look at these past ten years of destruction that our government has caused overseas, and the American people’s passive acceptance of it based on the government’s emotion-driven propaganda……
- The Self-Contradictory US Constitution (lewrockwell.com)
- Can America’s Descent Possibly Be Reversed? (johnmalcolm.me)
- Hoppe or the ‘Supreme Court’? (lewrockwell.com)
- R.I.P. Bill of Rights 1789 – 2011 (manifestinjustice.wordpress.com)
- The Supreme Bureaucrats’ Decision on ObamaCare (johnmalcolm.me)
- The U.S. Constitution: The 18th Century Patriot Act (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- 2011: A Civil Liberties Year in Review by John W. Whitehead ~ “The Tightening Grip” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- R.I.P. Bill of Rights 1789 – 2011 (jandjranch.wordpress.com)
- We Live Under Martial Law (lewrockwell.com)
- National Socialist USA (lewrockwell.com)