Film director, producer, actor and writer Sean Stone has thrown his weight behind a resolution introduced in the House last month by North Carolina Republican Walter Jones. Resolution 107 states that should the president use offensive military force without the authorization of Congress that such an act would be “an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.”
Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution reserves exclusively for Congress the power to declare war. Both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison argued that the power to declare war must reside in the legislative branch of government and the president will only act as the commander-in-chief and direct the war after it is declared by Congress.
“The constitution supposes, what the history of all governments demonstrates, that the executive is the branch of power most interested in war, and most prone to it. It has accordingly with studied care vested the question of war in the legislature,” Madison wrote.
In the video, Stone notes Obama’s unconstitutional war on Libya was waged “despite the fact that the United States was neither attacked, nor threatened for attack by the nation of Libya.”
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said during questioning by Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama that the Obama administration does not believe Congress has the exclusive right to declare war and that the Pentagon answers to the United Nations, not the people of the United States.
The Obama administration “does not believe that the Congress has the exclusive power to declare war,” Stone notes, and “accordingly the president should be impeached.”
- Obama impeachment bill now in Congress (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Congressman Jones introduces bill that would subject Panetta & Obama to impeachment”) Prison Planet.com ” Coup D’etat: Pentagon & Obama Declare Congress Ceremonial (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Obama Put on Notice ” News Worldwide (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Will A Sitting President Finally Be Held Accountable For High Crimes and Misdemeanors? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” An Administration Gone Rogue (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Coup D’etat: Pentagon & Obama Declare Congress Ceremonial (tatoott1009.com)
- Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., JD – The Constitution Limits the President Even as “Commander in Chief” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Panetta Testimony Prompts Resolution Threatening Impeachment (markamerica.com)
- My Top 10 Gripes With the Constitution (lewrockwell.com)
- Is An Obama Impeachment Underway? (resistantspirit.wordpress.com)