New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told The Daily Caller that he is outraged that TheDC would bother to ask a question regarding the $10,000 “dead or alive” bounty that the New Black Panther Party has issued for George Zimmerman.
Bloomberg spoke at the National Press Club Wednesday about the Trayvon Martin case and “stand your ground” laws and became visibly upset when TheDC asked him about the bounty on Zimmerman.“I don’t know that to be the case,” Bloomberg retorted about the bounty. “Anybody who puts a bounty on somebody else’s life is acting totally inappropriately. I’m sure it’s illegal, must be illegal. I’m outraged to even be asked the question. Whadya think?”“I didn’t even know about it until you just told me, thank you very much,” he said angrily. “I appreciate the information.
Now I’ve said my piece, okay?”Zimmerman “was a man with a history of violence,” Bloomberg said in prepared remarks. “I can tell you in New York we would never allow such an individual to carry a gun and neither would many other states.”
- Trayvon Martin Case: New Black Panthers Offer $10,000 Bounty For Capture of George Zimmerman (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Zimmerman family challenges Holder on New Black Panthers, says no arrests ‘based solely on your race’ (wyldgoose.wordpress.com)
- Megyn Kelly Guest: New Black Panther Party’s Zimmerman ‘Dead Or Alive’ Flyer Is Free Speech (mediaite.com)
- Special Prosecutor Announces Decision to Charge George Zimmerman (anniesanalysis.wordpress.com)
- Why is @KillZimmerman still on Twitter? (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Holder Loves Black Panthers? (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- Does MSNBC’s Martin Bashir Not Get the Concept of ‘Innocent Until Proven Guilty’? (newsbusters.org)
- Zimmerman Charged With 2nd Degree Murder (tatoott1009.com)
- Ex-Lawyers: Zimmerman ‘Emotionally Crippled’ From Pressure From The Case (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- George Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin’s Death (abcnews.go.com)