,,,But I’d suggest that there’s a far more important long-run question we must answer: If one group of people prefers government control and management of people’s lives, and another prefers liberty and a desire to be left alone, should they be required to fight, antagonize one another, and risk bloodshed and loss of life in order to impose their preferences, or should they be able to peaceably part company and go their separate ways?
Like a marriage that has gone bad, I believe there are enough irreconcilable differences between those who want to control and those want to be left alone that divorce is the only peaceable alternative. Just as in a marriage, where vows are broken, our human rights protections guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution have been grossly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who are responsible for and support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
Let’s look at just some of the magnitude of the violations. Article 1, Section 8 of our Constitution enumerates the activities for which Congress is authorized to tax and spend. James Madison, the acknowledged father of the Constitution, explained it in The Federalist Papers: “The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.
The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. …
The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State……
- Two things about Walter Williams I really appreciate… (jlue.wordpress.com)
- In Greed I Trust (lewrockwell.com)
- Government is the Problem – Star Parker – Townhall Conservative Columnists (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Timothy N. Baldwin – James Madison and the ‘Gathering Storm’ Prophecy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Blitzing the Department of Education – Katie Kieffer – Townhall Conservative Columnists (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Two Americas – Dan Holler – Townhall Conservative Columnists – Page 1 (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- (“”A mere demarcation on parchment of the constitutional limits (of government) is not a sufficient guard against those encroachments which lead to a tyrannical concentration of all the powers of government in the same hands.” – James Madison, Federalist (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Paradox of Black Voting Patterns (economicnoise.com)
- Never Believe the Government or Media (lewrockwell.com)
- Dupes for the State (lewrockwell.com)