The obituary of a lifetime goes viral
If there’s one time you shouldn’t have to beat around the bush, it’s when you’re dead. At least that seemed to be the sentiment for one Colorado man, who’s raising eyebrows for his not-so-subtle final words.
And his cause of death? The obit attributes his maker-meeting moment to being “stubborn, refusing to follow doctors’ orders and raising hell for more than six decades.”
The obituary then lists his late cat “Chopper” as his son, says someone named “Baba Yaba” can “kiss his butt” and notes that his childhood friends are predominantly “criminals, prostitutes and/or Democrats.”
While all the hell-raising surely didn’t help, his family told the Post “Flathead” actually died of natural causes. And, no, the obituary is not some cruel final jab by the family. They say the words are mostly Flathead’s.
(Excerpt) Read more at hlntv.com …
- Badass Obituary Presented By Badass Cats (buzzfeed.com)
- Remarkable (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- Jobs for Writers: Obituaries (goldenwritingservice.com)
- Is This The Greatest Obituary Ever Published In The History Of Death? [Best Thing Ever] (gawker.com)
- Is This The Greatest Obituary Ever Published In The History Of Death? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obituaries from The Huntsville Times (al.com)
- So-called “obituary burglar” faces ten new criminal charges (fox6now.com)
- An Obit to Appreciate (disruptthenarrative.com)
- Inside An Obituary In The New York Times (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Only In America: Piers Morgan on a matter of life…and death (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)