Ted Nugent’s comments during an NRA convention.
“Not because he doesn’t like Barack Obama but because he got up in front of a group of people and insinuated he would attempt to assassinate Obama if he’s re-elected. Or let’s put it this way: A man with a truckload of guns has threatened the life of our president while the country’s at war,” he writes.
On Wednesday, Nugent said he did not call for violence against Obama at an NRA convention held earlier this week. “Every reference I made, whether it’s a shot across the bow or targeting the enemy, it always ended the sentence with ‘in November at the voter booth,’” Nugent told Glenn Beck.
Nugent also told Beck he plans to meet with the Secret Service following a concert performance in Ardmore, Oklahoma, on Thursday. “We actually have heard from the Secret Service, and they have a duty, and I salute them. I support them and I’m looking forward to our meeting tomorrow,” Nugent said. “I’m sure it will be a fine gathering backstage in Oklahoma.”
Granderson, who was named journalist of the year by the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association and a 2011 Online Journalism Award finalist for commentary, said he believes the rocker may attempt violence against the president:
Nugent’s words were: “If Barack Obama is elected, I’ll either be dead or in jail this time next year,” which sounds to me like he’s open to directing his disapproval of Obama in a way that is violent and unlawful. When you see that statement next to Nugent comparing Obama and his colleagues to coyotes that needed to be shot, as well as the need to “ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November,” I don’t see how that rant cannot be looked upon as a threat on the president’s life.
Grandersen compared Nugent to…..
- Ted Nugent to meet with Secret Service over Obama quip; says it was’t a threat (abclocal.go.com)
- Ted Nugent: ‘I Don’t Waste Breath Threatening’ (usnews.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Barack Scratch Fever: Ted Nugent Investigated for Constitutional Outburst (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ted Nugent to Meet With Secret Service Regarding Comments on Barack Obama (loudwire.com)
- Ted Nugent fires back at Secret Service probe (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Nugent to be interviewed by Secret Service (clickondetroit.com)
- Ted Nugent To Meet Secret Service Over Obama Remarks (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Why We Love Ted Nugent and Why The Left Hates Him – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Hicks: Ted Nugent meets with Secret Service Thursday, following Obama remarks (mercurynews.com)
- Ted Nugent Quotes: The Best of the Crazy! (thehollywoodgossip.com)