PEORIA, Illinois – After a fiery homily last weekend urging the faithful to oppose [Alleged] President Obama’s “radical pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda” at the ballot box in November, Bishop Daniel Jenky of Peoria has been hit with an IRS complaint from a national secularist lobby group.
At a gathering of Catholic men on Saturday, the Illinois prelate had slammed Obama’s mandate forcing religious employers to cover contraceptives, sterilizations, and abortion-inducing drugs. The unprecedented attack on religious freedom, he said, signaled that the president “seems intent on following a similar path” as past dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, and Otto von Bismarck.
“This fall, every practicing Catholic must vote, and must vote their Catholic consciences, or by the following fall our Catholic schools, our Catholic hospitals, our Catholic Newman Centers, all our public ministries – only excepting our church buildings – could easily be shut down,” he said.
On Thursday, the Washington-based Americans United for Separation of Church and State claimed the homily violated federal law by taking sides in a political campaign.
(Excerpt) Read more at lifesitenews.com …
- Peoria Diocese Dismisses Jenky’s Comments As Context, Investigation Called For (lezgetreal.com)
- Obama taking ‘similar path’ as Hitler and Stalin: Illinois bishop (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ADL wants Ill. bishop’s apology for Obama comments (kansascity.com)
- ADL wants Ill. bishop’s apology for Obama comments (heraldonline.com)
- Catholic Bishop: Obama Acting Like Hitler and Stalin (jonathanturley.org)
- Bishop likens Obama to Hitler, Satan (midwestdemocracy.com)
- ADL condemns bishop for Obama, Hitler, Stalin comparison (seattlepi.com)
- Catholic Bishop Who Compared Obama To Hitler ‘Clarifies’ Comment (thinkprogress.org)
- Catholic Bishop: Obama Following Path of Stalin and Hitler [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Peoria Bishop Under Fire For Obama-Hitler Comparison (chicago.cbslocal.com)