In the end of your book, you talk about how things don’t seem to change. What do you see as the future of America? Do you see us getting worse before it gets better?Right now, the people in charge of the government remind us every day that they are the Party of Lincoln.
They’ve stretched Lincoln’s philosophy to say that not only should we wage war within our own country ostensibly for democracy, as Lincoln said in the Gettysburg Address, but we should wage war all around the world to force democracy on people, whether they want it or not.
Not just in Iraq. They’re talking about invading the entire Middle East, for starters, to bring democracy there, as though it were any of our business.That is empire. Any country that has had a big empire like that has always been bankrupted. If that’s the road we’re going on, I think it’s the road that Lincoln started us on.
Look at what the same government did. Immediately after the War, they commenced a campaign of ethnic genocide against the Plains Indians. That was all part of this plan to have a continental empire.Now, these people think we need to have a world empire. It’s un-American.
The Founding Fathers would have fought another revolution over this.What do you think will happen?It seems to me that the American public has been dumbed down so much by the government schools that they’re just going to go along with this until it either bankrupts us all or we make enough enemies out there that September 11 will seem like child’s play.
You can’t do this without making a lot of enemies in the world. That’s my biggest fear — that we won’t get rid of these Sons of Lincoln who run the Republican Party.
I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.
Who are you going to vote for, for president?I can’t stomach any of them.
I probably won’t vote for any of them.You’re not going to vote Libertarian?No, probably not. It only encourages them. It enables them to say, “We have the will of the people behind us. Look at all the votes cast.” No one is proposing anything near constitutional government. I consider the act of voting to be treasonous to the Constitution. I’m not going to vote.That’s an interesting way of looking at it. Your last line in the book is, “The genie is out of the bottle.”The genie of centralization. Lincoln let it out of the bottle, for sure.Do you expect it to ever go back, as the United States?
Seriously, the only way it could, would be secession. If a big chunk of the United States actually seceded from the federal government and pained it a bit and deprived it of a large amount of its revenue. Otherwise, how else could it possibly happen?
Could it possibly return to limited government roots? I can’t see how it could possibly happen……
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” ” ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+. ~ (BLOG & EMAIL) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Republican Charade: Lincoln and His Party by Clyde Wilson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Real DiLorenzo A ‘Southern Partisan’ Interview…. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Mythical Lincoln (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Founding Fathers’ Guide to the Constitution by Clyde Wilson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Clyde Wilson [send him mail] is a recovering professor. Now that he is no longer a professor of history he can at last be a real historian.”) ~ The Founding Fathers’ Guide to the Constitution by Clyde Wilson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G Mini-Sites: Was Abraham Lincoln influenced by communism – Red Republicans and Lincoln’s Marxists (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Was Fort Sumter the 1860s Gulf of Tonkin Incident? (revisedhistory.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Thomas Dilorenzo on Lincoln, Etc. (excerpts)… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)