Firefox 12 released
Neowin ^ | 22 April 2012 | Stefano Elia
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 2:08:18 PM by ShadowAce
Mozilla has now finalised the next version of their popular internet browser, Firefox 12 and is ready to download, although as of yet it hasn’t been officially publicised. Overall, there isn’t a huge amount of noticeable differences from the previous release but it is still recommended you update to the latest version.
For those eager to get their hands on the next version, you can download it from Mozilla’s website. For the moment, you can also download other languages versions of the browser here. You can also view the release notes of Firefox 12 here, with the browser version being officially released on the 24th of April.
For those curious to see what’s changed from version 11, which was released less than six weeks ago, here’s what’s new:
Page Source now has line numbers
Line breaks are now supported in the title attribute
Improvements to “Find in Page” to center search result
URLs pasted into the download manager window are now automatically downloaded
The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
Support for the text-align-last CSS property has been added
Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
Fixed where WebGL performance may be degraded on some OS X hardware
Just in case there are those still using Windows 2000, Windows XP RTM or XP Service Pack 1, Firefox 12 will be the last version of the browser from Mozilla to officially support those operating systems. Windows XP SP2 and above will only be supported in the next version of Firefox.
Download: Firefox 12
via Firefox 12 released.
- Firefox 12 released (onsoftware.en.softonic.com)
- Firefox 11 to get add-on sync (download.cnet.com)
- Mozilla readies Firefox 3.6 for the grave (download.cnet.com)
- Firefox 12 What’s New (ghacks.net)
- Firefox 3.6 Will Be Automatically Updated, After All (ghacks.net)
- What’s New In Firefox 12 (ghacks.net)
- First Look: Mozilla Firefox’s 12.0 Beta Comes With UAC Bypass, Better Media Controls (vikitech.com)
- Firefox for Windows 8 Metro Makes Progress (ghacks.net)
- Firefox’s New Download Interface, How To Restore The Old (dmxzone.com)
- Mozilla Ships Firefox 12 Beta and Firefox 13 Aurora (browserfame.com)