Joe the Plumber: Obama ‘blessed by God’ – Tim Mak – POLITICO.com
Wurzelbacher told POLITICO he’s proud of his faith, and insisted the U.S. has always been a Judeo-Christian country.
“Our founding fathers, at one point in time, all pointed to God. All 50 states, in all state constitutions, ask for God’s guidance. There’s no argument this is a Judeo-Christian country. For someone to say it’s not is absurd, because the facts are there,” Wurzelbacher said.
The plumber said he occasionally prays to win, but mostly hopes he can do “God’s will.”
“Being a human being, we live in the flesh, absolutely I want to win. I also want God’s will to be done,” he said. “I’m sure I’ve asked that God helps us to win, but ultimately I try not to lose sight of the important things,” like my wife and son.
Despite his kind words for the president, Wurzelbacher stresses that a political divide remains between them.
“I don’t question his faith, and when I read or hear people claiming he’s not a Christian because of this or that, I don’t like it,” said the candidate in his letter. “[But] Barack Obama once famously told me he just wanted to spread the wealth around and I take him at his word about that as well. After three years of watching the policies he’s put forth, the agenda he’s pushed and the detrimental effect it’s had on our country, I don’t question it one bit.”
- Whatcha Smoking Joe? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Obama Not Christian – No More Than the Man in the Moon (moralmatters.org)
- Joe the Plumber: Obama ‘blessed by God’ (wnd.com)
- THE HILL: ‘Joe the Plumber’ gaining ground in money race against Rep. Kaptur. In retrospect, his q… (pjmedia.com)
- New Congressional Candidate Joe the Plumber Is Sick of Your Gotcha Questions Already (slog.thestranger.com)
- Joe the Plumber: Obama ‘blessed by God’ (politico.com)
- Joe the Plumber blows a gasket on CNN – MJ Lee – POLITICO.com (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Remember Joe The Plumber ? (youviewedlocalnews.wordpress.com)
- ‘Joe the Plumber’s’ privacy compromised on government computers (news.cnet.com)
- Joe the Plumber: Obama ‘came to Christ and he is my brother’ (cajunconservatism.wordpress.com)